Why Do Some Drivers Have A Problem With Bikers?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by skooter, May 4, 2008.

1. roadtime549

roadtime549 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2008
    FL
    LOL, I hear ya ,bro, some of us just get caught more often than others !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Why do drivers hate bikers?

I was riding up 75 in my car through Buckeye. Some left lane hogging biker is sight-seeing while matching speed with a slow 4wheeler. When he clears a 4 wheeler, he speeds off and gets up to the next slow mover and matches speed. He got really pissed at me when I passed him on the right and get into the left lane.

So the idiot races along and tries to catch up and we get into traffic. He looks to cut me off but couldnt make it. He got caught behind a line of traffic and got stuck in the right lane.

Get all of these idiots who cant drive, decide that they want to be tough and think that if they get a bike and a bunch of tatoos that they will be tough. Pardon me while I laugh.

I'm not talking about a real biker. I can tell a real biker from a fake from 2 miles away.

4. 05chopper

05chopper Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2008
    USA
    Lack of cops! ARR! Respect! You all know it ! I never have seen so many people in a hurry thinking they own the road, bikes,trucks, or cars in your home town.Its an epidemic of road rage. How do we control it?

5. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    First off let me just say that I didn't read all the posts on this thread. I only read the first page and the last so I'm just adding my two cents here based on that.

I think the biggest thing here is the thought of someone getting away with something that you can't or won't.

Whether it is illegal or not is of no concern to anyone but the folks that are required to uphold the law & the individual(s) breaking that law. What skooter is doing is really not affecting anyone but himself. It's his decision to take that risk and his alone. If he gets a ticket then thats between him & the police officer that stopped him. If he wrecks then it's between him, the person he hit, & the police but thats it.

You don't have to like it but it really isn't anyone's business. People do things everyday that they shouldn't for one reason or another. I could care less as long as what someone else is doing is not directly affecting me personally. Just let it go people! Build a bridge and get over it.

6. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Used to be a biker myself (55 Pan in a 57 straightleg frame, SU, then Mikuni, oil cooler, Sportster gen, 8" ext), and my only problem with bikers is when they don't use the two wheeler's inherent ability to get around a traffic jam! Gas on it, brother!

####, when I drove a bike, "splitting the lanes" was de rigour, now most bikers drive like old ladies. The "wimping" of America.

As for the truckers giving you grief, most truck drivers today have also "drank the Koolaid".

I'll probably get flamed for this opinion, but I am so tired of the "sissification" of this country.

7. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I had 6 of them passing me yesterday.

Each one was trying to see how close they could get to me when passing.

What I did not understand was the risk.

Then the last one even slowed down so I had to hit the brakes. Then when I went to pass them, he raced me keeping me in the hammer lane. I finally hit the brakes and let them get way ahead.

Fools, if you ask me.

Markk9 and jlkklj777 Thank this.
  8. Nevada_Bob

Nevada_Bob Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Mesquite, Nv.
    What he said. :biggrin_25525:

Markk9 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.