Why Do Some Drivers Have A Problem With Bikers?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by skooter, May 4, 2008.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    This being the same state that says you can't spank your kid and gays can get married??????:biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. practicetrack

practicetrack Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2008
    lithia springs, georgia
    no tarps if you could follow more than just one post you would see past the fact that this entire thread is about uptight mothers goin hissy on a bike squeezing thru.

then it got #####y, and if people wanna ##### then they should ##### about why we are all screwed. if u wanna ##### about a motorcycle vs a truck then...maybe you should just kill yourself.

4. practicetrack

practicetrack Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2008
    lithia springs, georgia
    spanking kids and gay marriage, no tarps that is the best you can come up with? california has nothing to do with these two overrated topics. thats the feds messing with you, and people like you fall for it. marriage is ridiculous whether you want to marry same or opposite sex, and if you cant discipline your own kid then you should not breed. sometimes a kid needs his ### spanked, and sometimes two guys are gonna wanna do it in the butt, it happens and no government should have a say so as long as the kid isn't being abused and the gays are not raping me or you, unless the women start raping men then i think we can work out a deal.

5. 18wheeldumptrucker

18wheeldumptrucker "Buckeye Bucket"

Apr 1, 2008
    Sullivan, Ohio
    All I can really say is, don't ever get a cdl. You do not have the right temperment to handle driving a real truck. Please do us all this favor.

6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Hey wanna be. Just stay a wanna be trucking is bad enough with out you joining the ranks....:biggrin_2556: The post was why truckers don't like bikes or anyone else going down the shoulder,, but you have no clue.....

7. Cerberus

Cerberus Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

to bring the positive back to the thread how many of you bikers are going to sturgis next month.

8. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I think the better question is how may bikers are going to really ride their bikes to sturgis rather than trailer the bike?

Mark

9. durrty

durrty Light Load Member

May 10, 2008
    east
    i once saw a guy on a harley and a trucker cut him off in the emegency lane.the traffic was moving very slowly and the biker got off his bike jogged to the trucker and puched him in the face about 3 times before the trucker could rool his window up..it was down right funny because i felt the trucker was wrong blocking this indidvidual.if one stupid fool wants to chance getting seriously hurt i felt the trucker had nothing to do with it.

10. roadtime549

roadtime549 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2008
    FL
    I'm a trucker & Harley rider too. I am jealous of you riding down the shoulder while I sit stuck in traffic in my big truck, thats the truth. And I'd certainly do the same thing,and I noticed you said you rode SLOWLY,so it seems you are not an idiot. Thats one of the advantages of riding a scooter. I don't give a #### about some stupid laws,I'm not sitting in traffic when I have a choice.
    And while I'm talking,many bikers get mad because 4 wheelers don't see em.I don't expect them to watch out for me. When I'm riding my scooter,there's only two kinds of drivers I have to watch out for.Half of em don't see ya & will run over ya. The other half see ya and try to run over ya!!
    I'm amazed at the number of riders who don't ride defensely.Any driver will tell you he's had riders pass him riding close the the zipper,instead of getting in the center of their lane.And one more thing,It amazes me when I see two riders riding side by side,especially in traffic. They're too close to each other and traffic on both sides.They leave themselves no where to go if they come up on a gator or pot hole,debris in the road ect.
    Be safe out there,

11. forgotten1

forgotten1 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2008
    corcoran, ca
    Depending on the State, splitting lanes(traveling down a dotted white line basically) is legal. It's legal in california for instance. Using the breakdown lane isn't legal in any state. I drive 18 wheels but ride only 2. :biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.