Why do you use echo?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by BigBearNY, Mar 18, 2014.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I use it sometimes because what I say bears repeating.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radio_Talker93

Radio_Talker93 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2020
    My guess is that it’s for Single Side Band to output a repeated audio signal so if you didn’t hear it the first time, the echo provides a repeat of what you just said so the other person can hear you while using SSB. Other than that, no use for AM other than to be annoying.

4. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Opinions are like belly buttons.

5. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017

Fluffy, that you?

6. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Echo: good buddy mating call

7. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Y'all do realize they use echo and slapback in broadcast radio and live performances. It is how they are used in the CB world that is the problem, not the feature itself.

8. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I have had a few battles as well with the "BIG ECHO RADIO" guys sayin how good it sounds and infact it soulfs like dead poop,rotting in a wet toilet paper roll,left on the side of the desert toad to dry out and then ran over only to be eaten by a lizzard and pooped out again.........

I have recorded them and played it back or i would let them listen in my trk..
    Once they realize that what they hear as they apply echo commin through their talk back and what goes out over the air doesnt sound the same..They then learn to dial it back....Most times i just tellem and let them them them garble garble garble on on on......
    Roger beeps as mentioned,get old quick..
    I have played with my rb to piss of another and same with echo but 98% i dont use rb and i touch of e/r to flavour my sound..

9. Tanksmuch

Tanksmuch Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Central Arkansas
    Many years ago I had echo put in my radio. I had a friend help me tune it and he was about a mile away. It sounded best with very light echo and it was crystal clear. Got lots of compliments on how my radio sounded pretty much everywhere I went. A regular old Cobra.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  10. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    I had a Superstar 120FM that I bought off another driver years ago. It had all kind of mods that I knew nothing about. I think it had a bigger final in it as well as talkback, roger beep, echo and a key-up pinger similar to the old Browning key-up ping. The echo had a 2 position switch and when on max and the ping on it would go forever! Kinda neat!
    Sadly when I bought my brand new 95 KW I just put it in and hooked it up to the stock coax and proceeded to "let the smoke out"! Learned alot more about antenna stuff after that!

JD

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.