Why does it seem everyone hates brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by griff843, Feb 26, 2018.

1. griff843

griff843 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2018
    I'm new here and I've read maybe 7 full threads and it seems that EVERYONE hates brokers. Why is that? How did we get such a bad rep and what can we do to salvage some of the negative thoughts, or at least prevent those that aren't already swayed, that some good brokers do exist?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Freddy57 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    They are to dumb to realize pulling cheap freight is their fault, not a brokers

4. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I wouldn't necessarily say "Hate Brokers" (Although there are a few that I can actually use the term "Hate)
    But,Its a matter of Preference for most of us- Do we use a 3pl(Broker) and Lose 10-30%..Or Work a bit harder and keep 100%.

I Guess why you guys get a bad rap is a couple things..
    1.Many Feel more than an 8-10% Margin is Too Much
    2.Dictating a carriers obligations Because you Lead trucks to your freight.
    3.B/C agreements that favor ONLY the Broker

I Can go on and on,But you get the point I suppose..........I Use Brokers Sparingly- When I Don't have Much coming back- Or in a area where im completely Naked.

5. griff843

griff843 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2018
    thanks for the response. Its just bashing on every thread. Crazy, we really are the villians lol

6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Most truck drivers are driving a truck for a reason. Most truck drivers are or believe they are victims. Most know nothing about business , money , economics, finance , law etc. Or to put it simply , its easier to hate others than to work to better yourself.

7. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Many bring it on theirselves, but then again many drivers act like A-holes, so it's obvious why we are hated in return?

Brokering firm we have to deal with at the plant "had" a great guy working for them. Wife and I met him personally when he came to town, can't say enough good things about him. BUT.... Corporate of that firm felt they could make things better, now that man is gone and we deal with a guy that has no clue! When the new guy called and introduced himself he put a mighty big feather in his own hat..... when the mill picks up here real soon I predict he is going to have a melt down. I myself have made calls to him in the past and never got a return call as promised on a load, Kinfolk always said if a mans word is no good then he is no good. That goes for both sides of the fence.

8. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Very true!

Tug Toy, KB3MMX and wore out Thank this.
  9. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    The OP does not speak for the larger freight brokerage community. In fact he's not even a member. That is all.

Tug Toy, OLDSKOOLERnWV and wore out Thank this.
  10. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    I don't hate brokers, I have several of them that I work with on a regular basis. They are hard working professionals not street hustlers. They work their side I work mine and together we provide an essential service that adds value to somebody who pays the bills.

Nothereoften, griff843 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  11. Shipper Sam

Shipper Sam Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2018
    As a long time traffic manager I find that the majority of this new breed of brokers lie thru their teeth.

W900AOwner, KB3MMX and Snailexpress Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.