why does landstar pay alot more

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by darknessesedge, Jan 29, 2016.

1. jldilley

jldilley Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, In
    Yep. I'm in the middle of having a connie put on my 53' flat, as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I met you in Houston. We taking those crates to Charleston SC back in Jan I think......You mind sharing the kind/cost? Or PM me....

4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    If you made an extra $14,000 with the 7% extra I'm guessing your making about $200,000 a year. That's $60,000 more then I could make pulling a van. That why I never got my own trailer because their was no big difference by the time I buy a trailer pay the loan back tires and little repair. The difference between the two is not a big number on $140,000 a year. I don't think you averages van O/O was making $200,000

5. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I think 14000 a year is a big difference...its 14k more than what I would've made if I was pulling a LS trailer......

I know 2 guys here who are make over 500k a year and home 3 days a week. If I hadn't filled in for one of them that took a vacation and done the dedicated route I would've never believed it. But, that doesn't mean it wasn't being done. Just because Im not doing it doesn't mean it cant be done.....

gsxrtime Thanks this.
  6. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Nik. What region are these two guys working out of? Thanks.

7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Is there the opportunity or need for more drivers to make $500,000 and take 3 days off a week ? Just because someone else is doing it does not mean their is the opportunity or need . I think that a little misleading because everyone does not have the same opportunity.

I know a driver that did American Idol, he was not a better business man or better driver. He was just friends with a driver already doing it. So when the opportunity opened up for another driver, he got in because of a friend.

8. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    My point was that not everyone had/has "bad luck" here at LS........

Some make money/others blame LS for not making money....

They were in Alabama

fireba11, spyder7723 and Hegemeister Thank this.
  9. mastllc

mastllc Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    the dry van business is a little slow now, i though about getting my own van but i run shorter loads and i do a good bit of drop ad hook, so i decided not to get the van, but here lately agent have been loosing customers, so I've been thinking about getting a lat bed but im not sure, it seams to be slow everywhere.

10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Where do i sign up for that?
    Sounds to good to be on Earth

11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I say the same thing. It implies that LS has all this great high paying loads and all you have do is go get it. It saying if you fail at LS it your own fault because look some make $500,000.

I know a guy still at LS driving with a brand new $160,000 truck. He will say he makes good money. He just lives in his truck and has no home or anyplace to go for time off. So he never takes time off. He makes like $44,000 or less a year. If you see him in the truck stop he looks very successful. He even has his own trailer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.