Why I left May Trucking...

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Hey Triple, hang in there buddy. Something will work out for you. This industry is brutal on families.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
  4. TripleSober

TripleSober Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Luckily I was offered an hourly job as a local driver today! Day shift home every night, Making as much if not more than i planned doing otr! Everything happens for a reason I guess. :biggrin_25525:

5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Awesome! Congrats man.

6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    A little update. Things are going so well for me at Market Transport, I absolutely love it!

Consistent miles, lots of drop and hooks and home 3 to 4 times a week on average. Averaging over 11,000 miles a month just running the I-5 corridor.

I especially like the fact that my DM is also the person that plans my loads, not just an intermediary, so there's always the opportunity for flexibility on loads for me, etc. Running paper-logs is great too.

Decent insurance plan & pension contribution just kicked in, I'm as happy as a Lark :)

Feel free to private message me if you have any questions.

7. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Congrats scooter, does be have contacts or good social network of friends for similar outfits out east?

8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    platinum, there a lots regional driving positions available in the Atlanta area. I have a good friend there (with only 6 mos. exp) who got a job hauling Kimberly Clark product from Atlanta to Dallas and makes decent money. He's home every weekend.

I have another good friend who just left May for a local position in Ft. Collins delivering beer for New Belgium. He also only had 6 mos. experience.

The employment market is opening for drivers now with even minimal experience. My belief is that a lot of it is due to CSA2010 and companies have to shed bad drivers from their payrolls, etc.

9. mrbigmann

mrbigmann Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2011
    A F UTAH
    I really want to thank all of you May drivers and driver trainers for this thread and the many others on this site, I recently spoke to May and was offered. 42 CPM, a $ 3000 sign on bonus, a new truck and the ability to train for an additional. 10 CPM You honest ,truthfull drivers have given me cause to think long and hard about making the switch as I am currently on a dedicated drop and hook run 3200 miles a week and home 20 every week for my 34 reset. I would not even consider the position unless they guaranteed me 3000 miles a week and from what I gather from reading all the post here NOBODY gets 3000 miles a week ...and THANKS for the nursery stock/Christmas tree memories (nightmares) ....I could not / would not ever do those loads been there done that ! !! THANKS for saving me .You all ROLLSAFE and if you see SUN Products out of SLC truck # 270 RUNNING I-80. Holler at KOOL-Aide on 19 and I will stop and buy you a cup.....its the least I can do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.