why I quit TMC (long)

Discussion in 'TMC' started by carterbeauford, May 4, 2010.

1. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    Im getting my truck inspected by them tomorrow. I talked to a TMC O/O yesterday and he couldn't be happier with working for TMC. There aren't tons of them and TMC mostly only hired X TMC drivers for O/O simply because they want you to know their way of doing things and most o/o don't want to go out with a trainer in a company truck lol.

According to my recruiter, I am the first person in 3 years applying to be an O/O with them who is not currently a company driver for them. (I was a company driver for them but not now)

But yea, in a few weeks I'll let you know how it goes. I need to buy a headache rack now and give my 2 weeks notice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Richter

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    No news is generally good news. People only post if they are un happy. This thread only started becuase of an unhappy driver. Happy people don't really post as much about there companies lol.

4. mightymouse71

mightymouse71 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Houston, tx
    Lmao.... Omgoodness.. Driver ... You just need to buy a trk of your choice and get your own authority that way you can go as fast as you want and run anywhere in the country you so choose to run... That way there's no more worries about monies not being paid back or service shops not fixing trks or being allowed to carry a snow shovel with you... Or being made to pay company fines or follow company rules... Just your own rules cause your the boss, driver, safety, shop, and best of all dispatcher!!!!..

5. mightymouse71

mightymouse71 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Houston, tx
    Lmao.... Omgoodness.. Driver ... You just need to buy a trk of your choice and get your own authority that way you can go as fast as you want and run anywhere in the country you so choose to run... That way there's no more worries about monies not being paid back or service shops not fixing trks or being allowed to carry a snow shovel with you... Or being made to pay company fines or follow company rules... Just your own rules cause your the boss, driver, safety, shop, and best of all dispatcher!!!!..

6. Richter

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    I got my truck inspected a week ago by TMC. It failed for 4 items.

1, Firth wheel stop damaged.(the stopper on the back so when you unlock your fifth it doesn't slide off the truck)

2, Cab air leveler leaking. (I couldn't hear it , but this was a legit fail. After spraying soapy water on it, it was clearly leaking)

3, Small oil leak from filter (fixed by tightening filter a little more.....very slow leak, never even topped off oil.)

4, Diesel leak. This was not true. I recently spilled some on tanks while replacing hoses, but nothing currently leaks. I cleaned off tanks and filter housing better to show there are no leaks. Apparently the filter housing was "wet" from previous spill.

So go that all fixed and was going to re inspect 8 days ago. Before I woke up some idiot hit my truck (while parked) and caused 5k / 7 days worth of damage. Now that the damage is repaired, I will re inspect tomorrow and hopefully get a pass with TMC.

7. class7pup

class7pup Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Southern West Virginia
    My first two years of driving were with them. Simply put, IMO TMC is a great place for someone to get their feet wet in the industry. For me and quite a dew othersbi have heard from, pay dropped after the first year. They haul cookie cutter freight any joe blow can secure, which is fine being new, but i had to move on as i needed more income. Everyones experience will certainly vary, but the odds were against me anyways as i lived on the edge of their hiring area in wisconsin.

Anyone know if Lucas or lukas however you spell it is still workin there in des moines?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.