why I quit TMC (long)

Discussion in 'TMC' started by carterbeauford, May 4, 2010.

1. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    Lol yea, but that is now fixed to. Harold realizes his sons are idiots.

milskired Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Its all good Richter, I forgot about this and those post I have on here are from before I worked at TMC. I will say this, I started there in October 2010, had about a year prior experience but was 4 years prior so it didn't count. I was the top student in my graduating class of students, I was the #2 driver of the year in 2011 which I had no idea I was in the running for LOL. I was #2 to the driver everybody sees on the billboards that was at some new driver of the year convention and came in 1st place overall in the country and was rewarded 10 grand. I was offered 2 dedicated spots at TMC within my first year being complete and right after my 1st year at TMC I was given the opportunity to get onto the specialized fleet which I gladly accepted and did it until April of this year and now I am at a boring !*& local job doing the same thing day in and day out. I can honestly say I wish I would have stayed at TMC, I enjoyed the job, my FM was a great person, and I was treated with respect at TMC. Oh and I loved my 379! IMHO It is a great place to work and if you live in the right areas they do have different opportunities like specialized which pays a considerable amount more then line haul and you get to go to all 48, that's for sure! Did many west coast runs or at least over the rockies.

riverrat143 and Richter Thank this.
  4. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Except for the race car driver, he seems to be pretty good at what he does and Harold takes a lot of pride in him! That sure does show.

5. riverrat143

riverrat143 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Brodhead, Wisconsin
    I had not seen this thread before tonight and only got half way through the first post before I stopped reading it. From what I did see in that post in my opinion showed a person that TMC probably did keep close tabs on,,,, for a reason. Claiming that the lumber placed between the bundles of steel snapped a mile before a scale and they called you in for an inspection? This smells bad to me. How do you know that it broke only a mile before the scale? How would a scale operator pick you out of all the other trucks rolling through for that specific defect? There would have to be other reasons for the scale master to pull you around back for an inspection other than something that supposedly broke a mile before the scale. Sorry, I call BS.
    What I did see in the post that I did read is someone who after time looked for more reasons to blame the company and not themselves. I think it happens a lot and you get to read it in these forums.
    I left TMC the end of September 2013 to go owner/op step deck. I worked for them for 4 years and never felt I was being scammed or abused. I am proud to say that I rely on the excellent training that I got from TMC everyday, even more now that I'm on my own. I can pull a load knowing that it has been secured correctly and not care if the scale is open or closed. Bring me out back and try to tell me my load is not secured properly or that my truck is not legal in any way. I learned this from TMC. Everyone is different. Some will get the training and rely on it. Others will shortcut it and then blame the company when called on it. I am proud to say I drove for TMC!

milskired and Richter Thank this.
  6. Richter

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    Lol, he always looses!

7. Big Mamou

Big Mamou Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2013
    western kentucky
    Would you recommend TMC to a new driver?

8. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Yes I would without hesitation. Great company to go learn a lot from and earn a good pay check also!

9. carterbeauford

carterbeauford Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northwestern PA
    I watched it happen in my mirror. Straps went from being tight to blowing in the wind. Good thing the DA didn't consult truck drivers on the internet before she dismissed the ticket.

Arguing about things with people I couldn't take seriously is one of the reasons I left. I have never reported anything that is not 100% factually accurate.

10. Richter

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    I would t0o, and in fact, I'm applying to go back to TMC and work as an O/O with them since im sick of my current company.

milskired Thanks this.
  11. K9OTR

K9OTR Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Rochester, NY

If you endup going with TMC as an O/O let us know how that goes. I'd be interested, I havn't been able to find much info or hear from other drivers who have done it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.