Why is country music stereotypically synonymous with trucking?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bentstrider83, Aug 30, 2021.

1. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Thats right, most of the time I can't get anything on the radio any way.I picked up a few C D out of a discount bin. One is trucking songs the other one is David Allen Coe. It s all good

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    they are the generation that gave you life.

TommyMac and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    In our case down here It’s not so much not having a station to tune into, it’s finding one that doesn't play the same 20 songs in rotation every hr. We used to have an awesome station out of San Antonio. 99.5 KISS. It was run by some actual dj’s that played great rock. Back in the glory days we were introduced to bands before they were known. The main Dj passed from cancer the station changed ownership and fell in to the deep blackhole of corporate radio.

Same with country. We had a great station with the same fate. All it plays is the same hip hop/ pop style newage country. Same 20 songs till you shoot yourself. Lol!

5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Soooo, they get a pass on all the crappy things theyve done because they copulated and made me? And im supposed to extend the respect i have narrowly for my parents to their whole generation and all policies good and bad?

Thats not great logic, by that stance, my daughter should have nothing but the utmost respect for my generation and all the horrible things weve done. (Facebook and twitter come to mind)

Things arent that black and white, humanity writ large is a story of mediocrity with some truly despicable and admirable individuals thrown in for flavor.

Remember that "greatest generation"? It was given life by the generation of einstein, churchill, marie curie, louis pasteur, but also mao zedong, stalin, adolph hitler

Geekonthestreet and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  6. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    But 18 year olds should know how to research, thats even taught in high school about researching......yes the parents of course have responsibility but that doesn't absolve the student of responsibility too....thats how real life works, and theres plenty of opportunities in this country that don't require college or taking on huge debt....thats part of researching too

7. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    You know the problem with some folks under 40 is they feel they should just inherit what the ones over 40 worked hard for. The 2 to 3 generations after ww2 worked pretty darn hard to live. Some folks in the south even harder and did it without asking for charity or handouts. Only just to watch the 4th gen come along and get in line for the handouts and complain and blame the hard workers that built what they have to piss on.

8. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    You know the problem with folks over 40 is that they cant be bothered to see things outside of a binary, just like those under 40.

Seriously listen to yourselves, youre circle jerking yourselves about how 100% perfect or terrible generation "--fill in the blank--" is while never addressing my point, in case the previous 15 posts were too subtle, here it is

Most of your AND my generations are mediocre at best. If 0 responsibility rests with boomers for anything, how do you expect millennials to accept respinsibility forTHEIR mistakes?

loudtom, bentstrider83 and MTN Boomer Thank this.
  9. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I do sure wish millennials would admit that the biggest mistake they made so far was producing auto-tune with no real instrument music and cgi fake effects reboots of classic movies from prior generations. Lol

10. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I am responsible for me myself and I. Don't like it, go change the world

11. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    That's about the biggest hate I have towards my cohort. Time to go back to some natural sounds and actual effects. I mean when it comes to movies, the same amount of money or more for actual effects is being dumped into CGI. I THOUGHT COMPUTERS WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE THINGS CHEAPER!!!
    Someone's getting tossed out a window. And then that footage will be recycled into proper movie and tv scenes. REALISM!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.