Why is it that every trucker I meet smokes?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by anses, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Smoking is an addiction. I smoked 3 packs a day for 21 years, not because it was supposed to be cool, but because I was addicted to smoking. I started smoking during basic training during the Vietnam War, because if you smoked, you got smoke breaks; if you didn't smoke, you got NO breaks. Anyone who served during the draft, knows this is true. I quit cold turkey years ago and for the next 10 years had regular dreams that I was smoking.

Lilbit and mje Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Honch

Honch Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Ohio
    I've been dealing with an online company: www.litecigusa.net

Very good service / shipping and they carry quality products. DO NOT buy the ones you see at gas stations... they're garbage and will turn you off to 'vapping.'

They carry many different models, but I use the JoyeTech 510-T. Very good vapor, batteries (autoswitch that turn on when you drag) last about 8hrs of almost chain-smoking and take about 2hrs to charge.

They have ALOT of different flavors of liquids to choose from. I've been using one called "555", very smooth and a good mild taste. Another I like is "Kamel Desert Ship" (Camel name knockoff) that tastes similar to the Camels I smoked for yrs.

Definatly worth it though man. My breathing, sense of smell / taste is that of a non-smoker and no hacking up funk in mornings anymore either.

Arkansas Frost and mje Thank this.
  4. Redeye22

Redeye22 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I'm not a smoker, but from the sounds of it the e-cigs are hands down a better option.

Cartons generate more revenue, I guess that's why they still get better advertising.

With all the non smoking laws/bills people should be moving to using the e-cigs anyway. It's the best option for smokers and non smokers.

Honch and mje Thank this.
  5. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Tried e cigs, they are ok but cannot go for a long period without a real smoke.

Taildragon, truckon, mje and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Smoking is a "dying art" and besides I have no room for my 32 year old Bong what with all the beer in the cab and all.:biggrin_25525:

7. Honch

Honch Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Ohio
    Yeah it took me about a week of willing myself to use them and the whole time I wanted a real one. Reason is, your mouth is still caked with tar and whatnot to be able to taste the gunk-free vapor.
    After the week's time, my sense of taste was returning and started solely smoking the eCig. Now (on a rare occasion) when I smoke a tobacco cig, I taste all the tar and turns me off really.

aiwiron and mje Thank this.
  8. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I don't smoke, but it would seem to me that smoking an ecig is like sucking on a breastola thru a flannel nightgown.

volvodriver01 and mje Thank this.
  9. Raiderfanatic

Raiderfanatic Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    I quit smoking 4-5 years ago. Very glad I did. Smoked for 22 years.....wish I would have wanted to quit sooner.

mje and aiwiron Thank this.
  10. divalove

divalove Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2012
    texas
    good question lol I wondered the same thing

mje Thanks this.
  11. sdlm

sdlm Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Well, it isn't easy from what I hear, I smoked a single pack in Jr high, and I didn't get much out of the experience, but luckily I didn't get hooked.

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.