Why not...6-16-2014 RDTC!!

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Redriderex, May 8, 2014.

1. gingersquatch

gingersquatch Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Don't worry. You're going to go through the entire thing at gary. It's nice to go through the book and know the info moderately well so you can speak with some intelligence at the class. Oh, and you don't have to remember it all. You just have to know when you don't know what you're doing and check the book.

Dragonfly619 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redriderex

Redriderex Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Waupaca, WI
    Kind of a crazy question but....Looking through the paperwork for school and for things to bring, there is no mention of an Atlas? Is this something that is provided to you during map reading or what....only reason I'm asking is I found some on sale and would like to buy one while they are cheap...Thanks

Dark Squall Thanks this.
  4. Dark Squall

Dark Squall Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Yes, Truckers Atlas provided to you. Along with several other materials. You'll get more STUFF at each new phase.

So pack really light.

Redriderex Thanks this.
  5. Dragonfly619

Dragonfly619 Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Drifting
    Just got mine today... SO don't buy one!! Class is going great, always a few bumps in the road, but as long as you apply what the instructor is teaching you...You can do this!! Ive enjoyed every minute of it...both the good and bad days. Only a few more days to go... time sure has flown by!

6. Redriderex

Apr 2, 2014
    Waupaca, WI
    Thanks for the heads up! Is it one that you can write on with dry erase marker?? Do they take you on the route they use for the road test? Also what should I be reading or looking at before I start class now that you are almost done with it??

Thanks again for everyone's help...much appreciated.

7. Dragonfly619

Mar 10, 2014
    Drifting
    Start learning to read ALL SIGNS!! No it is not a dry erase Atlas. Know your CDL testing book... It all will help you. Keep up with the CDL practice test... You will have PLENTY to read once you get here. But the best part of class is the hands on. I learn better that way, and one last thing... remember to breathe. You will be overwhelmed but the instructors are really awesome with any questions you may have or help if you are struggling with something. And everyone has struggled with something!:biggrin_25525:
    Bottom line you are a student and are there to learn, give yourself a break. I am learning to do just that. :yes2557:

Nightwind8830 and Redriderex Thank this.
  8. Nightwind8830

Nightwind8830 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Chicago,IL
    I really wish I went through Roehls driving school, it sounds more thorough than the one I attended. I'll be starting Phase 1 of their training at the end of june. I've been keeping tabs on threads from roehl drivers since last year, it really does seem like a great place to start a career :)

I'm actually interested int he Dairyland option as well, and same with me as long as I make at least $500/week I'll be happy. Let me know how you like that fleet, theres virtually nothing about it on this forum, all I have to go off is what the website and recruiter say...

9. Dragonfly619

Mar 10, 2014
    Drifting
    I can't say enough wonderful things about the people at Roehl. You aren't just a number. They are there for you every step of the way. I thank God for Brian and hanging in there with me encouraging me and motivating me when I kept doubting myself. Of course fellow classmates were awesome as well. I hope we all keep in touch as they are all a bunch of great guys. Couldn't of made it thru without Jim and Psy especially. Kept me laughing and uplifted even when I didn't want to. LOL
    I hole heartedly recommend Roehl School to anyone who wants to learn to drive and be safe on the road!
    And to those people in my life that said I couldn't do this..."WATCH MY TAIL LIGHTS HEAD OVER THE HORIZON!" :biggrin_25525:

10. Redriderex

Apr 2, 2014
    Waupaca, WI
    Well instead of starting a whole new thread I thought I'd just put it in here....I am now starting on the 9th!!! That makes me feel a lot better because reading all the posts about everyone finishing their classes and everyone else out on the road is making me anxious!

Nightwind8830 Thanks this.
  11. Redriderex

Apr 2, 2014
    Waupaca, WI
    That much closer today! After getting married on Saturday, we decided to take a little trip up North for the week and swung by Marshfield to drop off $185 bucks for the testing and such, so that's all taken care of. Got a few last pointers from Kim and was told see you on the 9th all ready to go. But all this back and forth on the other thread about new drivers, safety and falling CSA scores makes a guys head spin.

gingersquatch Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.