Why regen so much?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by SKL Trailers, Mar 24, 2013.

1. SKL Trailers

SKL Trailers Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Saskatoon,SK
    I stopped at a few dealers this week and no one could fit it in, I talked to my dealer and they said to bring it right in when I get home, few hours to go and I'm off for 4 days so they will set it up, he said they need to idle at around 1100-1200 for our weather, all I can do now is 850, it's been warm enough the last few nights that I've been shutting it off and using the bunk heater, trucks working great otherwise, got 7000 km on it now, here she is with the first load.

He's gonna set it up so I can take it anywhere from 900-1400.

[​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SKL Trailers

Feb 21, 2010
    Saskatoon,SK
    Got its first wash yesterday, the trailer was more than due, I've noticed a few people this week taking pictures of the truck, lol

[​IMG]

4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    my 09 dd15 does a passive burn roughly every 580km . the way too tell is if your boost will drop to zero coasting and u get a few more psi on top . freightliner said it was setup to burn to a burn by hours \km traveled automatically and also when restriction reaches a certain level . ps if your happy with engine now wait 75 to a 100000 k motor will be much stronger and a full mpg or better on fuel

5. Vio

Vio Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2012
    AZ
    How is the truck going.How is the engine?

6. SKL Trailers

Feb 21, 2010
    Saskatoon,SK
    The truck is working great so far, no issues yet, they programmed the auto elevate onto it and that seems to be working but I shut it off at night now that its summer time, I am having one small issue that started yesterday, when I shut the truck off it continues to run, last night at the truck wash when I turned the key back it just kept on idling, finally died about 30 seconds after, but then today it did it again when I was at the border window crossing into Canada, the guys like shut your truck off and I handed him the keys, lol, dash lights and gauges and everything else turns off but the motor keeps running??!

7. Vio

Vio Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2012
    AZ
    Maybe is the shutdown valve.

8. Chip S

Chip S Light Load Member

May 27, 2013
    Texas
    Take it to the shop and see if the auto idle elevate feature is enabled. Have them refer to service bulletin 10ts21. That feature will cause your engine to idle higher when a regen is needed.

9. SKL Trailers

Feb 21, 2010
    Saskatoon,SK
    Yeah I took it a few months ago and had that enabled, working good now but the last few weeks when I turn the truck off it keeps idling for about 30 seconds, haven't had that looked at yet.

10. Chip S

Chip S Light Load Member

May 27, 2013
    Texas
    I must have read right by that post you put about auto elevate... Glad itIs working out!

11. Creeping Puppets

Creeping Puppets Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2016
    I drive a 2012 KW T700 (not mine) with a Cummins, and I actually love the truck and the way it drives, but I think the filter may be busted or something, it asked for a regen about 10 days ago, then again 5 days ago, and now again today, I'm pretty sure that ain't normal and my boss agreed so he's going to have me take it into the dealer since it's still under warranty

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.