why so stingy with DEF?

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Mousemaker, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Mousemaker

Mousemaker Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Denver
    DEF Isn't more expensive than fuel so why do they only let you get a little at a time, and not even every fuel stop? I have to ask frequently to add it to my fuel stop and the warning light has been blinking three times in two weeks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lsv

Lsv Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2013
    PA
    Company is cheap? I dnt need permission. But than again I'm thru the terminal enough. But when I'm not I get DEF when I think it's needed with with no recourse

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Call the Brooks office and ask for Kermit Long. He's the fuel czar at May. I'm sure he can answer that question. A question btw, that has been discussed here in the May the forum ad nauseam.

5. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    get used to it, and like scooter said, that horse has been beat dead on here

6. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    You really should not need DEF at every fuel stop. I think you are supposed to get 250 miles pper gallon for def. *(not sure about that). Maybe once a week you should be putting def in. That is unless you have a 3 gallon tank.

7. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    wasnt really the reason he asked about the def, but like stated before, especially on my posts lol, its definitely something they are very stingy with

8. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Buy a few Gallons of DEF. Keep the receipt for expenses at the end of the year. This way, you will always have it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.