Why ticket the driver

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by magnum force, Oct 5, 2010.

1. mwldrivercfi

mwldrivercfi Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Phenix City Ala
    Just remember that the Fed Regulations give the driver the right to say no if the driver feels that it is unsafe or the load cannot be delivered on time legally. If a company fires a driver for refusing to pull an illegal load, the driver can take legal action against the company. That's why I love Qual-comm. They want to to pull an illegal load or drive when it's dangerous (think Colarado in Jan). I tell em to send it to me on the QC. If i got fired for refusing..1st call to FMCHSA, 2nd to my attorney. As far as DAC or USIS, whatever they're calling themselves this week, you do have the right to dispute anything in there and they are required to notate that you are contesting it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RedRidr

RedRidr Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Annapolis, Maryland
    Diesel cops are just like regular cops. If they need to make quotas they will pull you over for any little thing they see. Obviously, drivers are always trying to meet delivery times so it's a constant battle of doing your job and staying as legal as possible

4. RedRidr

RedRidr Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Annapolis, Maryland
    But the companies really should start taking more responsibility for some of this stuff. It seems like they always ask for longer hours than what is legal, heavier loads, or flat out asking to fix the logs.

5. cowboy tmc

cowboy tmc Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2010
    south boston va
    If you fudge your log book and have an accident a lawyer will have all you own and if some one is hurt you will pull some time in a cell. so I say run legal for your family and yourself.

6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

Even if you are legal, the attorney on the other side will rip you a new one.

A friend was struck in the rear and reamed by the attorney for the other side in deposition.

The carrier decided to just pay to get rid of them. The main injury was the result of the passenger not wearing a seatbelt and is now a quadraplegic.

7. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    No quota, they let me write all I want. Kinda like the old Doritos' commercial. "We'll make more." Always fresh tickets books waiting on me. :biggrin_255:

8. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

Wait a minute.........

I wonder what would happen if I said that about log books.:biggrin_2559:

9. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Some guys do, doesn't work out that well though.:biggrin_25513:

10. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    2 words. loose leaf. i rest my case.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.