Why ticket the driver

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by magnum force, Oct 5, 2010.

1. magnum force

magnum force Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Fort Worth Texas
    Could you be more specific. I was working for a company. they refused to replace a steering tire. I recieved a ticket for a steering tire. I quit. Iwent to court for a steering tire ticket. "good thing because the employer did not pay the ticket which would have resulted in a warrant.I apply at the next compay with a ex D.O.T cop as safety. Left steering slack adjuster would back off. so left steering brake wasn't working for about 4 weeks. plus the brother in law deal. unemployed. so the D.O.T cost me my job. Because if you write things up on your pre-post trip it pisses off the owner because if I would have gotten in a wreck he would have been liable. Owners and dispatchers do not want to be responsible for their decisions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trouble65

Trouble65 Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Read the entire post before you make any comments.

4. Trouble65

Jan 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    It's amazing the older you get the less you understand. Again read the entire post. :biggrin_255:

5. walstib

walstib Darkstar

>>>>Because if you write things up on your pre-post trip it pisses off the owner because if I would have gotten in a wreck he would have been liable.

There's that attitude again, WHO CARES IF THE BOSS GETS PISSED, cover YOUR butt!...

end of the road Thanks this.
  6. Trouble65

Jan 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I agree 100% even though I'm the boss.

7. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Present company excluded of course :biggrin_25523:

8. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    I did. I went through the entire thread.

"He was 20 minutes from the border with about 15 minutes left on his 14"

So, what was he going to do at the border? We all know border crossings take longer than 5 minutes, and even so, he would have been over his 14 as soon as he touched the US side. So what were you going to have him do?

I already know the answer to this, so don't even try. You were going to have him get his log book out that's already set up for Canada and finish running the load. That's probably what he did as soon as his steers cleared the line. If you try to tell us now that you had a driver waiting for him to cross, I'll call BS. Because if you did, you would have sent the second driver to get the truck at the first stop, considering your driver was 20 minutes away.

But, nice try.

9. walstib

walstib Darkstar

My question got lost on last page, can drivers submit statements to be placed on their DAC if they leave a company, or get fired for refusing to drive an unsafe rig?...

10. Trouble65

Jan 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    The relief driver has a criminal record and can't cross the border.
    Anything else you need me to clear up for you?

11. magnum force

magnum force Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Fort Worth Texas
    Would you please go back to the original post.It has to do with the driver stuck in between the LAW and the BOSS.I personally have experienced several occasions of being caught between the law and the boss and you end up with a poor D.A.C. or unemployed. And the boss on several occasions have friends in law enforcement that let them get away with it. " you know a little money to the high school band. Maybe a college alumni.So if my D.A.C. is really messed up "Because the law doesn't give the owners a ticket instead of the driver". And the diesel bears knows it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.