WI bound 09/17!

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by JACC0811, Sep 13, 2012.

1. JACC0811

JACC0811 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    Since SNI is being a bit too picky over some medical things that are non-issues and being pokey I couldn't hold out any longer. Roehl gave me a conditional offer today and I head to WI Sunday morning and start orientation on Monday. I will be going on the 7/4-7/3 flatbed fleet out of Gary, IN.

Any one else going to be there the same time?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sb677

sb677 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    georgia
    yeah i got the call today that im going to WI 9/17... doing van 14-7 will leave perhaps friday coming from GA which is a pain because they have termial in ellenwood and would be so easy for me to drive home every nite ... the ellnwood class is full... but maybe this is for the best.. less distraction

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  4. JACC0811

Jun 12, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    Same situation for me. I would have been just going to Gary, IN for the whole deal, but the orientation was full there, so I get to go to WI first then Gary after. I can't remember if the recruiter said I'll get my truck in Marshfield or Gary though. No biggie, except I have been without any income for the last few weeks, so if I need any kind of money out there, I'm stuck. Unless a miracle happens and CRE sends me my reserve funds check from my lease turn in by Saturday. But I'm sure I wont see that until the 44th day of the 45 day time frame. Which will be about Oct. 4th, lol.

5. JACC0811

Jun 12, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    A little over 24 hours left. I'm all packed except for my bedding. Trying to keep it light until I get back by home for my tools and cooler.

It kinda sucks that I have to swap my truck with another driver, but anything is better than a lease at this moment lol. I just hope they won't be dirt balls and leave me with a nasty truck when I get back to it.

6. sb677

sb677 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    georgia
    i wish you the best JACC0811 i`ve decided to go in a different direction ...im going with another starter company that offer me a DC with more home time ...best wishes bro!!!!

7. JACC0811

Jun 12, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    Thanks! And good luck to you too!

8. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Heck if I would of saw this thread sooner I would of welcomed you sooner! Welcome to Roehl driver! You picked a great company to start with.

9. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    I also send my WELCOME to Roehl! I'm an EX-CRE Lease Operator also, and have been at Roehl since Dec. 2006. I was SOOOOOOO glad to be done with CRE. They spent a year trying to get a ton of money out of me for a bunch of BS, but in the end they gave up after I had an attorney send them a letter telling them they were full of ####. Again,, welcome to the side of the fence where the grass really is greener!

10. JACC0811

Jun 12, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    Thanks guys! I'm in the hotel now. I drove by the yard on the way in. Can't wait to get started tomorrow. I already feel better lol.

11. Truman

Truman Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Welcome to Roehl!

Wait. Are you at Marshfield, WI? I'm starting my 3rd week of RDTC there right now--heading down to the DMV this morning to get my CDL this morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.