Widow wiper motor replacement (helppp!!!)

Discussion in 'Mack Forum' started by Tylerrjsmith, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Tylerrjsmith

Tylerrjsmith Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Hi, I have a 2004 mack RD690s. The window wiper is not working on the passenger side of the truck. If I need to get to the linkage would I need to remove the whole dash, ac etc? Or is there another way? Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I'm not familiar with that Mack, but I would assume the wiper motor and linkage would be found on the fire wall under the windshield wiper cowl. If it is behind the firewall, I would check to see if there is an inspection cover on the firewall under the hood to get to what you need to get to.

4. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Not sure about your truck.
    My Freightliner has the wiper assembly mounted on the firewall (motor side).

Good luck.

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    before you go tearing up the entire cowl area, see if you can gain access to the cowl area in which you can see the wiper transmission. then check to see if the link just fell off the wiper arm. sometimes an E clip just falls off

pics of an E clip

[​IMG]

i had one fall off my freight shaker, and luckily, i did carry spare ones, as well as cotter pins. these can be bought at most automotive parts stores. it is possible, if yours just fell off, it could be sitting inside the cowl area.

buy a few, as spares.?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.