Wiggle wagons

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bodhiknight, Nov 2, 2019.

1. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    A pair of 28' trailers is legal pretty much anywhere in the lower 48. I'm very specifically looking at the New England area. Basically I want the tracking/articulation of an A-double set, with the ability to back up without too much drama. A B lead flatbed with a 28' deck is still a 35+ foot trailer, regrettably, and I doubt it could be snuck by as a double set.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Yep, if you are limited to 28 over all for each trailer, it would not work, and like AI said I have never even actually seen one that short, but they may make them. I see b-trains used out west, but a lot of them places you can pull long doubles too, so that is probably why they are legal there.

4. Bodhiknight

Bodhiknight Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2015
    I've seen a lot of paperwork that has no percent of load. Now I go by watching the door and the ivis but even then it's a crap shoot. Like the other driver said about the irregs on the tail. Tires, linoleum, you name it. Heavy packages stacked high on top of light packages.

Now I kick my mirrors out so I cant see the wiggle if there is a weird load, drive my front trailer, and keep it smooth on the wheel. And I go slower!

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. S.V.Buyck

S.V.Buyck Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Yep or pull the chicken stick. Well done! I pull Michigan gravel trains and the pup will bounce in the other lane when empty, seen the Mac trailer sign more times then I would like to count. Smooth is the key, I will not swerve my train because flipping a trailer loaded will put more lives in jeopardy than that of the person I’m avoiding. Stay safe

crb and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.