wil-trans

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bubbasdk, Aug 19, 2007.

1. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    But then it comes to the truck wearing down and having engine problems because you cannot help but lug the motor down. I dont know how much you know about diesel engines and the way they work but when you lug a motor down with a load on it and keep it lugged down your cylinder pressures go way up, your EGTs go way up and at that point you turbo is not spooling for SH** so your power is down which means your dumping more fuel into the engine then you have air so your not getting a complete burn which means more soot which then means more regens on these new trucks. need I say more? I use to average 5.7-6.2 on my 71 MPH century class with a 500 DD and a 10 speed. I use to run that truck 71mph almost everywhere I would drive and it like it and got better fuel economy when I was about 1400RPMs.......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    If these companies just put an APU on all there units they would save more money that way then any other way.

4. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Last caterpiller motor in a paccar, 2001, stated to lug to 1100 RPM.......

is that wrong ???

5. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I just never felt comfortable lugging a truck that low. Its to much strain on the bottom end of the motor.

6. Chauncestanbul

Chauncestanbul Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Fl.
    Don't worry so much about lugging your truck, as much as getting out all that smoke they blew up your ###. Trust me, you won't be solo with them. Teams, teams , teams, is what they want. Once you sign that contract your ### theirs. Believe me, I know. Driving right now 4 um. Don't do it!!! That's all I'm saying. C-ya. Good Luck.

7. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I appreciate the info Chauncestanbul

I dont want to run a team unless its with somebody I know

8. blackf3504dr

blackf3504dr Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Leesburg, Fl.
    Anyone know anything about this company (Wil-Trans) ? They are just up the road from me in Ocala Fl. and wonder if they are worth checking out .

9. thelastamericanhippy

thelastamericanhippy Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    jacksonville, fl
    Been awhile, but I think they are in missouri aren't they ????

10. Boomer08

Boomer08 Light Load Member

May 26, 2010
    Yep they are in Stafford, MO. I think it is down by Springfield

11. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Yeah its right around the corner from Sprinfield. They are a partly owned by Prime Inc. They run all peterbilts and starting pay is .36CPM. They run all reefer, there trucks are set at 65MPH and there is not even 200 trucks in the company. Small outfit and freindly when I talked to them on the phone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.