Will drive for free

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Jarhead0849, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarhead0849

Jarhead0849 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2010
    West Melbourne, Florida
    Graduated from driving school (National Training, Inc., Orange Park, Florida, 2/12/2010) need some experience. Having trouble getting hired because of an accident. Looking for someone that wants a team driver. I am willing to pay whatever your insurance gets bumped out of what a team driver would make even if that means I make nothing. I want to drive and make some money but I would rather drive and make no money then spend another week not working and feeling useless. Looking for OTR work out of Florida, I live in West Melbourne, but am willing to drive within 100 miles to get in the truck. If there is anyone out there willing to take a chance let me know I am ready to go today.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Have you tried CRST ????

4. Jarhead0849

Jarhead0849 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2010
    West Melbourne, Florida
    Thru a recruiter not directly

5. jtrnr1951

Poop on the recruiters from agencies. Deal direct with the companies.

It may be worth a try !!!!!!!

6. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    CRST is great if you want to work for free.

Tried Werner? They pay halfway decent, pay wont come close to making up for the commitment of nearly every day of your life while you work here, but as a student, that is just a fact of life. Students here will make $350 a week (iirc) for training (around 8 weeks, 300 driving hours)...then your gonna pay about $100 a week in food (most trainers dont have fridges/cooking facilities on their truck), then you're going to pay taxes, and...wel dont plan on paying the bills. I make a fairly steady $700 to $900 a week as a solo driver here. The advantage with werner is as soon as you are out of training, in most cases you will be solo. And if you have your own fridge, you can eat for $50 or so a week.

7. jtrnr1951

prozac,

he is located in florida. werner was NOT hiring here last I knew, perhaps it has changed.....

8. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Werner is hiring. During my refresher at roadmaster a recruiter from Werner came to speak and he sounded like a used car sales man (no joke). Stevens is coming next week. Covenant is doing some major hiring as well in FL.

KH

9. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    that makes CRST a bad choice too. They might be hiring but they never had any freight in florida when i was there!

not that its not a bad choice regardless!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.