Will maverick let me mount a separate CB antenna?

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Voltrucker, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I guess maybe it depends on how your choice of antenna looks...but I have never had any problems from a Maverick shop. I use Firestick antennas, always have...

I can see why they might remove some of the big metal antennas though...

As I said, 3 ft or 4ft Firesticks work great on the new Cascadias...and look just fine, not out of place or gawky.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w4cdw

w4cdw Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Chattanooga, TN
    and its always those "brownie pointers" that cost us our jobs and really need to mind their business

Danfromwindsor Thanks this.
  4. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    From my experience, there are VERY few drivers at Maverick who would bother calling in on anything minor. Most of us are good at minding our own business. Now, if you're driving like a maniac, all bets are off - even I would call in that one. But other than that I leave other drivers alone.

Danfromwindsor Thanks this.
  5. toymaker

toymaker Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    Bumping up an old thread.
    Have a '16 with the antenna that's somewhere inside, unseen.
    Utterly useless.
    Not a big talker on the cb, but my goodness, I now have to call up Gerdau in Ft. Smith on the phone because they can't hear me from across the street. Not all shippers are that accommodating.
    Also, my squelch and and rf have to be turned down so much to keep noise out in some places which means I sometimes can't hear the truck that's literally right behind me.
    I don't if I'm just venting or asking for advice. Really wish Maverick was more lenient with antenna mounts. Or, buy trucks with external antennas again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.