Will Never See Cops the Same Way Again

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Injun, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I have thought about this post for most of the day.

I am glad you are okay.

I think you need to contact the sheriff and discuss this further. Your rights were violated. Even criminals have more rights than he gave you.

You have the right to know who made the accusation against you.

You were attacked for no reason by an officer who was not properly acting nor dressed as such.

Your injuries will lead to further medical cost and the officer is potentially guilty and responsible for the medical costs.

You have the right to sue the officer for violating your rights. Just ask any attorney.

I have many friends who are active officers in the county and state police in my area, so I am not anti police at any extent.

The posting in the Where thread is something I have wondered about. I rarely post any location except my home.

There are too many people on this forum that I would not put this past them doing.

You might be correct in the thought of who did it though.

I know many have said what you should or should not have done.

I plain do not know what I would have done here as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nckid

nckid Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2008
    williamsburg,va
    Had almost the same thing happen to me about 30 yrs ago-myself and some guys bought some whiskey in a mall and i handed it to my bud who was 19 at the time and i went to another store and the undercover atf guy stopped them and id'd em and he came back to get me when i came out of the store and he threw me up against the wall and didnt show no badge or id'd himself as a cop so i commenced to put a can of butt whuppn on him-long story short we went to court(yea i smartn up after i seen his badge slide across the floor)and judge ask him if he showed me a badge and he said "no your honor" and case was dismissed!

The Challenger and Yodler Thank this.
  4. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

OMGosh, Injun!! How absolutely terrifying!
    Please, take the advice given by many here. Seek medical attention, contact an attorney, and let your attorney make first contact with this police agency.
    You have the RIGHT to know who made this accusation against you. You have the RIGHT to see that this officer is AT THE VERY LEAST, held responsible for you medical bills and lost wages, if any are incurred.
    I'm so glad that such a potentially bad situation, turned out as well as it did, and I'm happy for your safety.

{{{hugs}}}
    Judi Kay

Roadmedic and otherhalftw Thank this.
  5. Steering Wheel Holder

Steering Wheel Holder Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Uhmerrica

Timmy Treadwell was friends with lots of Grizzlys.

Didn't stop him from becoming bear scat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell

If a LEO got a nickel for every time a suspect claimed his or her so-and-so was an LEO he'd be a millionaire.

Actually you don't have a "right" to police evidence.

The cop covered his #### when he identified himself verbally. The injuries were sustained as a result of resisting being detained by an officer who identified himself. Cops are pro's. They know what they can get away with.

Like for instance, claiming you have dilated eyes and a rapid pulse allows them to violate your 4th amendment rights against unlawful search. Every time I decline to have my vehicle searched they use this as an excuse to violate the 4th amendment because how are the courts gonna know that your eyes were not dilated? The officer is given the benefit of the doubt, not you, lowly citizen. They have all kinds of little tricks up their sleeves to get the results they want no matter what the law says.

6. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    No clue why this is even posted.

I made my comment in order to show I am not biased against police.

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  7. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007

I would love to see the officer up on charges.

I missed the lost wages, good catch.

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  8. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    The more I think about it, the worse it looks. I don't think I dodged a bullet. I think I dodged a missile. Here's why:

His first order of business was to make sure I was alone.

His car was parked at the rear of my trailer...keeping the dash cam blind to the entire event.

He refused to properly identify himself.

He refused to call for another officer or his supervisor.

He refused to speak with truck stop personnel face-to-face, wanting instead, to call them on his personal cel phone, even though we were 200 yards from the entrance.

He claimed that Indiana said my license plate came up with no record. No other LEO has ever had that problem.

My current Indiana cab card is missing, despite him saying he didn't recognize it as such. I had to get a copy made in Lathrop.

During the "search" of my truck, nothing was out of place except the old prescription bottle I keep my extra fuses in. His "search" was supervised by a CHP officer.

His demeanor changed as soon as he found out more officers were on their way. My gut was initially telling me this would not end well. I sensed a change after he was hailed on the radio.

He turned his back on my truck after getting me in the cuffs. He had not cleared the truck. He only had my word I was alone.

....thee's more. But you get the picture.
    For the record, the other deputy was also wearing black fatigues.

9. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Now is the time to get it taken care of.

Call the sheriff and the news.

Deputies in our state are required to be in uniform.

No vehicle is ever put out of sight like that.

10. Steering Wheel Holder

Steering Wheel Holder Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Uhmerrica
    They were probably in black fatigues because they are special narcotics officers, they're not going to park in front of a tweeker with an 80,000 lb truck in the line of fire, they are going to sneak up and surprise them like they did.

11. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007

Don't care what they thought they were.

They still have no right to treat people this way.

The Challenger and simplyred1962 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.