Will Never See Cops the Same Way Again

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Injun, Jun 24, 2011.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    wow, you dont know me, and i don't know you other than reading your posts here, but my sympathies. i'm not gonna offer advice or monday morning quarterbacking, you already got enough of that. i will say you made me think. i'm just starting out and never imagined such a scenerio. granted i'm not a woman, i'm a 6' 240lb scary biker looking guy, which just means in the same situation i may have been tased or worse. i remember reading that if pulled over you do have the right to call 911 and confirm the identity of the officer, actually calling before pulling over or pulling over someplace like a gas station is acceptable. there are people who impersonate leo and do bad things.

now i will think should that situation happen to me how i should handle it. who knows your story may save one of our lives. small consolation for what you went through but i always try to find a silver lining somewhere. take care and give your pooch a big hug.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nckid

nckid Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2008
    williamsburg,va
    wifes an ex cop and she said call internal affairs and quick!

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I think you're freakin' lucky that someone called CHP. This could have gone down very badly.

Thank the Creator that you're still here with us.

mitakuye oyasin!

5. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    SWH: If drugs are suspected, the assumption is always that there will be a weapon present. No officer would make a potentially dangerous contact like that by himself. Especially if he doesn't know his subject is alone.

6. rich_t

rich_t Road Train Member

May 28, 2009
    United States

The cop would have not only had to show me his badge, but also his department issued ID card prior to my so much as rolling the window down a quarter of an inch. He would have also been informed that I was calling 911 prior to exiting my vehicle. At least in this particular case. He had no warrant nor in this instance, credible probable cause that I can see.

Not dressed as a LEO. No cop car in sight etc. Too many news reports out there about fake cops and rogue cops.

Injun and simplyred1962 Thank this.
  7. Volvo92906

Volvo92906 Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Ohio
    Scary world out there. I do not know you either except for your posts on this forum but I wholeheartedly agree with a lot of people on this thread. Glad you're ok.

Injun and The Challenger Thank this.
  8. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Nobody (officials) will talk to me about this. No lawyers will talk to me. Stopped at Cottonwood to ask. CHP says it has to go back to Stanislaus. Stanislaus won't talk to me. What is it going to take?

Somebody is going to be hurt bad by this individual. That's all there is to it. You want to get away with everything? Become a cop in California.

9. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    How about the state attorney general?

10. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
  11. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

I Photoshopped the unit number and even blurred the company name a bit on my avatar pic. And I change my "location" every day or two in the profile details section. For example I'm about 5000 miles away from where it says I am.

But I seriously doubt it was someone from the forum. Probably some punk in the truck stop who was bored and wanted some entertainment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.