Will Never See Cops the Same Way Again

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Injun, Jun 24, 2011.

1. grizzly

grizzly Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Layton, Ut
    Defined: "Reasonable suspicion" is information which is sufficient to cause a reasonable law enforcement officer, taking into account his or her training and experience, to reasonably believe that the person to be detained is, was, or is about to be, involved in criminal activity. The officer must be able to articulate more than an "inchoate and unparticularized suspicion or ‘hunch' of criminal activity." (Terry v. Ohio (1968) 392 U.S. 1, 27

In my opinion this officer did NOT have reasonable suspicion on just a phone "tip". Your 4th amendment rights were violated. You should most definitely seek the advice of a civil rights attorney.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

They do it all the time. Get your head out of the sand, this is the 21st century. Pay attention to the news. If they see a dog (bigger than one of them stupid little "yip-yip" ankle biters truck drivers have in their cabs) during a raid on a house, they shoot it. It's not a fairy tale.

rjones56 Thanks this.
  4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    If he is so scared for his life and thought it was a dangerous situation he would of called for backup. Any trained officer would of parked in front of the truck in attempt to block it's exit. This wasn't a warrant execution, but responding to a call by a mysterious person. Last I heard, making false police reports is a crime itself. From what I read, it sounded like a redneck cop. Not a professional. At the very least I would get to the bottom of who made the erroneous report and sue the heck out of them.

Black, grey or green fatigues are common nowadays. Our county wears grey fatigues.

misterG and simplyred1962 Thank this.
  5. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Nightfall, OBVIOUSLY, we are NOT going to hear "his side of the story".
    Number one, because it's highly unlikely he is a member of this forum, nor ever will be.
    Number two, it would open him AND the police force he works for, up to statements made, that could be used against him/them, in a lawsuit/IA investigation.

And, lastly, It seems as if you are blaming Injun for the uninstigated, uncalled for assault upon her person, as she lay SLEEPING, in her own place( HER BUNK, in HER TRUCK), minding her own dang business.

Sounds awfully much like blaming a rape victim for getting raped. Just saying.

Judi Kay

misterG, 1nonly, kajidono and 2 others Thank this.
  6. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008

I agree. Dashcams capture audio and video. There are three sides to every story. Yours, his and the real story. Just because someone files a complaint with Internal affairs does not mean that they officer did anything improper. Heck I had a few. The last was about 4 years ago from a guy that was in the cell at the office who assaulted another officer when he pulled him out to fingerprint him. I was standing there at the desk beside the cell and watched the guy, who was calm, throw his hands around the other Troop's neck. From there it was on. I got hit in the melee, the other officer was cut up and the suspect got it pretty good. Well he thought we roughed him up too much. Everything was on tape and after the complaint was investigated I was cleared. They even brought the suspect in to watch the tape of his actions that day. He was unaware that he was on tape doing what he did. He wanted a jury trail and the tape was introduced. After the jury saw it, it didn't help his defense that we were violating his civil rights. Currently he is serving 10 years, 8 years for the two assaults and 2 years for the cocaine charge.

Granted if you think you are dealing with a dealer, you have to think about guns or weapons. In the same token, wait for back up. No sense in getting killed when time is on your side. I have no idea what info. the officer had prior to the contact but, you have to be cognizant of your actions and attitude. In this day and age, you have to be aware of sue happy people and be able to articulate why you did what you did. I wasn't there, maybe this officer did.

7. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Did the police ever think to call Swift first and do a background check on driver? If Injun came up with a clean background they should be suspicious of the drug charge.

A little detective work and save everyone a lot of trouble.

Or could the truck be flagged in the Prepass system and be stopped at the next Weight Station?

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  8. simplyred1962

And I was just counting the seconds until an unfeeling, totally uncaring response followed.
    Please, use YOUR mind, and try to illicit SOME form of intelligent, HUMAN EMPATHY.
    Thank YOU, and have a FABULOUS night!! :biggrin_25514:

kajidono, misterG and I_HATE_MINIVANS Thank this.
  9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    And that coming from someone that has two buddy cop friends. You just joined the forum and don't have a clue. Injun is a nice, honest, caring, intelligent person.

target_driver and simplyred1962 Thank this.
  10. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Nightfall? I thought you had me on ignore. I wish you would follow through.

Cheers.

11. simplyred1962

Dieselbear, it's my understanding that this officer had parked his cruiser to the back of Injun's trailer, in a spot that the dashcam would not "see", his approach to the front of her truck, nor record anything that transpired.
    Furthermore, she asked him to please call his supervisor, or at the very least, ask for "back-up". This happened in the VERY early hours of the morning, Injun stated she had been SLEEPING, in her bunk, since 8:30 PM. She was disoriented, and, needless to say, SHOCKED. And completely terrified, as this officer did not, apparently, IDENTIFY himself as such.
    ANY woman would have been scared, and uncomprehending, at such a thing.

I know, I would have been

I_HATE_MINIVANS and Injun Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.