Will Peterbilt allow custom paint colors?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Chevyfanaddict427, Jun 15, 2021.

1. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    No, we custom spec the trucks, but, the "white sells better" I've heard from the salesmen before when they talk to the boss, I was just looking at some striping kits online

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Matching trailer too

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The big thing now is wraps. I was talking with a supervisor for a huge construction company a while back. They have a very specific paint scheme that would probably never sell very well in the used market. They order white trucks since they're cheap and get them wrapped. At sale time they peel the company colours off and send them to the auction block. Much easier to sell them that way.

Magoo1968 Thanks this.
  5. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Couple nights ago at the J in Cheyenne, there was a Purple Pete, purple fenders (one had been hit though) with a purple/chrome spread axle reefer, both needed a wash, but looked pretty good in the twilight

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  6. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I've thought of suggesting that to them. Mine has to go back to KW and have the hood repainted, 90K miles and the paint is peeling/blistering all around my headlights, it looks like I've been tailgating dirt haulers on a gravel road, with as annoying as my collision avoidance system is, not gonna happen.

7. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    It’s cheaper and easier to put a ugly computer screen instead of gauges. But, the cost is still high!
    Just like they did away with vent windows, kick vents and sleeper doors to cheapen trucks, yet the prices still go up!

8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Yes I’m sure the 15” multifunction display is cheaper than gauges. Lol. The vent windows went away because they are continually trying to quiet the cab and get rid of wind noise. With the exception of the 95 KW I had for about a year and a half I haven’t had vent windows since 2004 and can’t say as I miss the noise. And you can still order sleeper doors if you want them. Personally I’m looking forward to my new truck coming without the big door on the driver side because that’s one less place for dust to get in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.