will steroids or HGH help?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by thealfa, Oct 17, 2011.

1. thealfa

thealfa Medium Load Member

Dec 6, 2010
    When coffee is not enough or when energy drinks is not enough, is steroids or HGH the answer? I am a bodybuilder without ever using any of those 2, but as I get older (still under 30) I think I could use a little push. I know the dangers of steroids, but HGH seem more tolerable. Even small amount of dosage should be helpful, don't you think? I just want to hear from anyone here who have used it for good cause (HGH especially). Again, I'm not too crazy for steroids. Some of these are anti-inflammatory which can help with the wear and tear of being a trucker as well as just life in general.

Which brands have you tried and where can anyone wanting to check it out find the products you've tried? If it's illegal to post here, feel free to IM me about it instead.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    My 2 cents. If coffee and energy drinks "aren't enough" get some sleep. You'll do far too much harm to your body trying to stay awake.

4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Will they help with what ??? At your age, sleep is the best medicine. The sins of my youth only started catching me, in my late 40's.

I take steroids. For a reason.......a wrecked shoulder at age 24. That Now wants to control my life.

I have a year supply (30 pills), to prevent continuous trips to the Doctor.

I control the dosage because of the "scheduling" issues of driving a truck. Before anyone gets riled, I do 10 pills, every 4 months. That's the max safe annual dose for me.

I can do 2 shots annually, or 30 pills annually. Pills are $12 plus $47 for the Doctor. Shots are $75 each...plus trip to Doctor each time.

I also take prescribed anti-inflammation meds....daily.

I have a script for pain pills (non-narcotic). But have only had to take 4 pills in the last 3 months.

At your age... unless you have some major injury, you have NO use for any of these meds.

Lady K Thanks this.
  5. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    If you already think that coffee and/or energy drinks don't do enough for you, and your next thought is towards medication that you are unsure of the legality of, perhaps now is a good time to completely re-evaluate whether you should really even be a truck driver!

6. thealfa

thealfa Medium Load Member

Dec 6, 2010
    thanks for this. I just thought I'd ask and hear from people about it.

7. Want2BTrucking

Want2BTrucking Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011

Your just interested in steroids. Im heavy into bodybuilding and have never done them but seems like all that coffee and energy drinks is giving you ###### sleep. Rule #1 never overdo anything. Im known for that, I once had 4 cups of coffee and 3 scoops of jack3d before a workout. If you know jack3d youll catch my drift. stabalize your caffeine intake and youll be getting much more quality sleep. I only drink 2 cups a day now including 1 before my workout, no supplements, and my sleep has improved greatly. Just give cutting down a try

8. lglavish

lglavish Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Reno
    If you are talking about anti inflammatory steroids like prednisone you want to stay as far away from this as possible. Prednisone is "the drug you love to hate". It can cause physical dependancy if taken more than one week which is why it is usually prescribed as a taper. Some of the long term side effect can include- Secondary Addisons, Cushing's disease, heart disease, glaucoma, cataracts, weight gain, immune suppression, high blood pressure, increased blood glucose, and on and on. Unless you have a good reason to have to take it like autoimmune inflammatory diseases, asthma, etc, you really don't want to go there.

9. ultraclassic

ultraclassic Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Check your testosterone and the main thing stated above is SLEEP and by the way still under 30 is not even close to old...Also stated above cut back and level out your caffine intake and dependency on it ie; more SLEEP...let your body regulate itself. If you are a body builder and educated in the field then you will know they main thing for growing and recouperation is you guessed it SLEEP...starting to see a pattern here?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.