Will this be held against me?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by dogchimp, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Walmart doesn't like paying detention, they are very very good at getting things wrapped up within two hours of appointment time. Paperwork follows shortly.

Now, without extenuating circumstances caused by Walmart, you are considered late if you are not in the gate, backed in a door, dolly downed, tires chalked, tractor disconnected, pulled forward or parked, and checked in at the window before your appointment time.

so everyone tries to show up at the one hour early they allow.

Logic says 1 + 2 + paperwork > 2 hours.... More than enough time to log a break... Prime discourages driver unload, makes it financially unattractive to do so, and pays/reimburses the $50 unload fee so the driver doesn't have to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dogchimp

dogchimp Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Haha, yay I learned and comprehended something new...isnt it great...also when i messaged the my fm, if he saw where I could get the hours to do the run, shouldn't he have said something to me about it

4. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    Thank you chuck.

Are shippers loads sealed when you pick up to deliver to walmart, or is the driver responsible for any damages inside the load coming from the shippers? If they aren't sealed shouldn't the driver watch loading & unloading instead of taking a break so any damage claims don't get thrown in his direction? Or isn't that a problem you ever encounter?

5. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    There have been no changes in the language of the law regarding split breaks since 2009, so the information is valid.

6. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Amazing how that works.

7. DesertTraveler

DesertTraveler Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    interesting. i'm sure all this will be covered in orientation and psd?

8. jdsouza

jdsouza Heavy Load Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Port Orchard, Wa
    I learned a lot from that load. it was like my 3 or 4th load with him. he did not find out till we got to Laredo.

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Orientation and PSD are about learning how to safely maneuver a large CMV, learning the necessary things required to demonstrate your knowledge of CMVs to a license examiner, and keeping your stuff straight enough to convince said examiner that you are worthy of obtaining your training wheels.

TnT is where you learn the rest of it. Split breaks and their use are part of the master's degree, not primary education.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.