Will this help or push rates into the crapper?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by FlaSwampRat, Jul 11, 2019.

1. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Your right lots of Immigrants but still got some of us good old Americans out here you'll find us at Peterbilt and Kenworth dealers :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    It's pretty interesting actually. Looks like if you put a 1999 rebuilt Volvo for sale for $40k, people will laugh at you, but if you try to sell the same year Pete, your phone will be blown off, even though a 99 Volvo and 99 Pete have the same engine, transmission, rear ends e. t. c.

FlaSwampRat and JonJon78 Thank this.
  4. Moonshadow1918

Moonshadow1918 Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    I hear ya.
    Trends and contract freight is how you suceed in trucking . You dont see MEGAs on the loadboards.
    When the tide goes out were gonna see who is swimming naked. Cause the markets are gonna drop more its a TREND ( There's that word again)after the 4th of July every single yr. You gotta be prepared and adjust your business model or you go down. People wanna know whats the best app . When you should be putting a game plan together to weather a storm thats coming. Knowledge of trends help you . And apparently some trends offend people as noted earlier

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    God did this thread get stupid fast.

6. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    It was started with the best of intentions. I got some really insightful info in the beginning but then you know....the internet.

RedForeman Thanks this.
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    This thread will be temporarily closed for some house-cleaning.
    I'll open it again after some edits and deletions. If the thread goes sour again it will be closed permanently and infractions handed out.
    Some of you may notice that your posts were deleted even though they contained nothing offensive. This was done to keep a deleted thread from showing up as quoted and to keep the continuity of the thread.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Okay, the thread is open again. Same rules as always still apply.

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I've found the ignore button is a very useful tool if needed.

10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    How many new locations has Neiman-Marcus opened in the last 20 years? How many have they closed?

What about Sears, BonMots, Macys, Marshal Feilds, Yonkers, etc, etc, etc? Or the hometown clothing store?

Load boards have allready changed the marketplace, and will continue to do so. As long as Lyft, Uber, Amazon and the like are allowed to sell services below cost it is a risk to the free market.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I just went to Uber freights website to see if there were any hot shot loads around me just out of curiosity to see what they pay but you have to sign up and I didn't want to do that because I don't know if they do smaller loads and I'm not really wanting to haul any. I was just curious to see what pay was vs the cost of running my F750 but even then that's tough because I'm in Florida and all I hear is guys saying you can't make a living in Florida.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.