will usx hire me?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Stangman, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Stangman

Stangman Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Rhode Island
    I am a new cdl driver. I have a clean driving/ background record with one exception. I got a speeding ticket about 3 months ago for exactly 15 mph over the speed limit. No other citations and I was in a personal vehicle. Will this cause me issues??????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Why don't you ask them?

No offense intended, but sometimes these questions just make me shake my head in wonderment.

4. Stangman

Stangman Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Rhode Island
    No offense taken. I just don't trust the recruiter that told me it "probably won't be an issue". Just curious if anyone may have a more definitive answer for me.

5. rainyday lover

rainyday lover Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Transcona, MB
    Sounds like it will be a matter of how you handle this in the interview. No right or wrong answer.

I was hauling fuel for a small company contracted to Imperial Oil, Esso. (Canada's arm of Standard Oil). I was doing well, my Trainer made sure to introduce me, The Rookie, to all who needed to meet me. The automated invoice printer had a tendency to glitch, so I was introduced to a Supervisor.

At the time, Esso ran a retail advertising campaign toting Tiger In Your Tank, with an old Mills Brothers song.

The Supervisor asked me for "The Password". I stumbled for a moment, recognized that there is no password, and that he was just yanking my chain to see how I would handle this.

So I spoke the lyrics from the chorus of the song. Hold that tiger, hold that tiger. He chuckled, and this began a smooth working relationship.

You will need to think on your feet. Suggestion: I respect the authorities for alerting me of this error. I have learned from this mistake, and vow never to repeat it.

6. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    U got a chance driver I'd say 70 30 thats cuz u were basically driving reckless. It all depends on the insurance and if u made any attempt to fight the point.

7. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    They say no more than 2 moving violations in the last three years.

8. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    I suspect you have no problem as long as you completely disclose this on both the short and long form application. You fill out the long form on day one of orientation.

Stangman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.