Will we lose per diem

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by true122, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    LOL. It's the middle of the day. He might have a job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    No. The statements were made more than a few times many days/weeks ago earlier in this thread. Also the request for proof was requested several times earlier by me and others many days and weeks ago.

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I doubt that...

5. Taipan

Taipan Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Everyone I talk to think they will still have the deduction next yr becuz landline said so talk about ignorance

beachin Thanks this.
  6. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    What statements? You didn't quote anything and the last "member A" to be asked for sources was TruckingCPA who last posted last night at midnight.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Okay. But this thread is more than a month old. Have you read through it completely and read the various statements and corresponding requests for verification? From the beginning?

8. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    Yes. And now 24 hours have gone by with no replies from TruckerCPA. Hope he comes back I have more questions.

9. TruckingCPA

TruckingCPA Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2018
    I am here ask your question. Also, STexan, I did not know you asked a question of me. I can walk through a tax return with you and explain how it works. Because the only place for a company driver to deduct per diem on a tax return is on form 2106 Employee Business expenses. That form has been eliminated starting with the 2018 tax filings in 2019. That form feeds to the itemized deductions which then feeds to page two of the tax return. You can still take it on your 2017 tax return.

double yellow and tucker Thank this.
  10. TruckingCPA

TruckingCPA Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2018
    As far as references go. Find attached a summary of the tax reform changes. This was prepared by the Texas Bar Association. It has plenty of references for you to look up and read to your hearts content. Now I hope this all changes before the end of 2018.

Attached Files:

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I don't see the "carve out for the transportation industry", where those highlighted items are not applicable to. I had posted the law and highlighted the "carve out" earlier in this thread (or maybe it was another thread) but I don't see it included in the above attachment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.