Willow Run Foods

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MissPPcopter, Dec 21, 2021.

1. MissPPcopter

MissPPcopter Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2021
    Upstate New York
    Hi all,

I am from the Binghamton, NY area and I am looking to make a career change to become a truck driver. I'm very interested in food service and see that willow run foods is looking for driver trainees. I was curious as to how the pay works. How much should I expect training pay to be, case pay, and how much per mile/stop? I cannot afford to pay for school on my own nor can I get a loan due to the pandemic causing financial problems that trashed my credit. Thanks in advance!

austinmike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i cannot help you with some of your questions.

i can however tell you that i have seen Willow Tree deliver to Wendy's as only one of many stops they make.

i can also tell you that many of these "eateries" are in shopping malls, strip malls, or in VERY tight neighborhoods.

to me, about as bad as a Dollar store type of account.

you say you cannot get a student loan?

how about grants?

even many times CDL schools can set up a payment plan, i know, i used to teach at one, and you should inquire

4. MissPPcopter

Dec 18, 2021
    Upstate New York
    Thank you for your reply! I can get a federal student loan but my issue is that I am already loaded with student loans from 3 degrees that got me nowhere. Sage in my area only takes private loans and my credit score will get me denied. I can potentially get it backed by vocational rehab but I'd prefer if I can learn and get a paycheck at the same time. I'm in a poor financial situation.

Edit: I cannot get a pell grant because I already have a bachelors degree. I guess once you have a 4 year degree, you are no longer eligible.

buddyd157 and austinmike Thank this.
  5. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @James228 lives in Binghamton and also researched Willow Run Foods.
    Maybe he can give you information.
    All I have is from his thread:
    Welcome to Willow Run Foods
    Willow Run Foods is the Northeast and Mid - Atlantic's premier fast food systems distributor. Serving customers in 14 states, we provide one-stop-shopping for our chain restaurant operators while focusing on building customer relationships and providing service that is second to none.
    CAREER OPPORTUNITY AWAITS!!!!.
    ****Hiring CDL A Truck Driver Trainees***************
    FREE – PAID training and $1000 RETENTION BONUS with a two year employment obligation.
    Learn how to drive a big rig with ample home time. Our all-inclusive training program includes classroom instruction, driving skills development & EXTENSIVE on the job training with a qualified trainer. Training is approximately 10 – 14 weeks long. Feel confident in knowing that you are getting the most comprehensive training available. On the road to your career - earn money while you learn from the best.
    ********60 mile hiring radius*******
    [​IMG]

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    The YRC Freight option that Chinatown suggested above is a fantastic opportunity.

It offers great money and benefits (including FREE health insurance), and won't be near as tough to do later, as the food service option.

Why not get paid to go through CDL school--instead of the other way around?

--Lual

9. MissPPcopter

Dec 18, 2021
    Upstate New York
    I will be sure to look into that. It would be cool to follow my dad's path and become a union girl. He has always been a part of the carpenters union.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Some school. Will let you pay as you go. That's what I did with shippers choice in va.

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.