Wilson 5000 SWR issue

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by 715, Mar 4, 2018.

1. 715

715 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    GA
    It's sticking to the roof with a magnet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 715

715 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    GA
    Not a fan of drilling holes in a vehicle especially a $65,000 Tahoe.

112racing Thanks this.
  4. 715

715 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    GA
    Yes same meter (MFJ-874 swr/watt meter. Not a fan of drilling a hole in the middle of the roof I do not want to mess anything up.

5. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    The SWR would be constant though. A hole in a pickup or suv won't hurt the value at all and looks a lot cleaner. Just drill the right size hole so the rubber plugs they make to stop up the hole when your done fit correctly so it won't leak.

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Why?
    You think that drops the resale value?

Hell wait until gas gets to $5 a gallon where the resale value can't be artificialy propped up any more.

7. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Well, I don't think a valid survey has been taken on the question about whether having a hole in the middle of the roof would or would not lower the resale value. But knowing how buyers react when inspecting a car, which of these scenarios is more likely?

Prospective Buyer. "It's a nice Tahoe. But what's that thing in the middle of the roof?"

Seller: It's a rubber plug to cover a hole where a CB antenna used to be. Don't worry, it won't leak or rust.

PB Option 1: Oh, heck, having a hole in the roof doesn't matter to me!!

PB Option 2: A HOLE in the roof with a plug? Are you crazy??

Timin770 Thanks this.
  8. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    $65,000 for a Tahoe!:eek::confused: I'd be scared to drive it out of the driveway, afraid dirt might get on it, or a bug might splatter on the windshield...Someone come too close to it with a drill in hand, I'd be lookin for my gun!:D

....$65,000...unbelievable... remember when I bought my 4x4 Suburban new...fully loaded, leather interior, TV console, towing package, $39,000...and I thought that was expencive.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  9. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    My cousin is a Cadi/GMC dealer. A rubber plug in the roof of a pickup, van, SUV won't hurt the value at all when it comes to trade in. I just sold my GMC Sonoma to an individual with a rubber plug in the roof. I pointed it out to him and told him what it was......he never did ask. Think about it; you are buying a used truck, van , suv that is really nice. The owner really took good care of it and there is nothing wrong with it, it's really cherry (old term some may not know).....and you're NOT gonna buy it because there is a rubber plug in the roof the size of quarter???? That you can't really even see!! O.K your looking at a truck, suv, van that is the opposite of what I described above..........and a little ol' rubber plug is gonna keep you from buying that piece of junk?? See, it just doesn't matter on those kind of vehicles. Now on a Camero, Vette, Cadi, probably not a good idea if you are not gonna keep it. It may, or may not matter on a Corolla, Sentra, Malibu, or Fusion. Oh, and duct tape is probably not a good idea on any of them....... :p

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  11. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    Mother ####ing junk MFJ

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.