Wilson Logistics PNW

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JReding, Oct 1, 2018.

1. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    I currently average about 2,200 miles per week, but I also have circumstances that are preventing me from doing more (dealing with a nasty divorce). I think the typical average is probably closer to 2,500.

Bluedew and Omega1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Metron

Metron Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2011
    USA
    Does Wilson Logistics have a yard in St George UT?

4. JReding

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    Not our division. I can’t speak for the other divisions.

5. runnwild

runnwild Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Are you still with them on the PNW heavy haul division? If you doubt mind me asking, where do you live and where do they base you out of? Where did you do orientation and where/what states do you usually run through? I'm tempted getting out of running heavy haul doubles and maxi through ID, WA, OR and UT to go to work for them.

JReding Thanks this.
  6. JReding

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    I’m back with them, kind of. I left for health reasons, not because I wanted to. I actually enjoyed my time there. I ended up at DSV for a promised daytime, home every night, weekends off position. That was a mistake! Thankfully that’s being corrected due to the fact, irony of ironies, Wilson bought DSV when they decided to back out of the US market. Right now, Wilson is in an observation mode. They’re looking to see what DSV did that worked, and didn’t work. Then they will implement their own procedures and policies, and keep any that worked for DSV, which I can tell you now, there weren’t any that worked.

I live in Pierce County, within 30 minutes of the Wilson yard in Pacific, Washington. That is where they also have their training center. I normally ran Washington, Oregon and Idaho. I was out Monday through Friday, home weekends. Drivers have the option of working weekends if they want, but it is not expected.And I’m keeping the option open of possibly returning to regional.

Bluedew and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. runnwild

runnwild Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Do they offer any bonuses at Wilson?

8. JReding

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    I believe they do have a sign on bonus. They also have retention bonuses (stay five years, get a bonus, ten years, etc.).

Bluedew Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.