Windshield Wiper Problem

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by bossboy2, Feb 20, 2012.

1. poolertrucking

poolertrucking Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Milo, Me
    Had similar problem ... Turned out to be the wiper switch itself ....replaced problem solved

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JR OTR

JR OTR Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I had this issue with my 07 Volvo 780. Mechanic at our company shop spent about five minutes reworking something (hood up, between the two wiper mounts) and brought the blades back to the normal horizontal position. No parts needed, just an adjustment.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. Liviu

Liviu Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Buford, Ga
    In case u didnt fix it yet ! My 07' had the same problem , I fix it my self , the bolt the hold's the wiper arm to the motor got loose . U have to take it of and put it back

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. Tony007

Tony007 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I have 05 Volvo 670 my windshield wipers just stopped while driving I checked the fuses they were fine any idea what's The problem I really appreciate anybody's help

6. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Motor dead.

7. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I had the same problem Volvo 670 wipers cycled correctly but did not park where supposed to. I replaced the motor. 3 screws and 1 nut. 15 - 20-minutes and all went back to normal.
    Morale of the story: never turn the wipers on when there is a pile of snow on the windshield, or they're frozen to it. No way to adjust the motor - needs to be replaced ($90 - as of typing this).

There is a YouTube video how to do it too. Just go there and search for it...

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Vaso.L Thanks this.
  8. Vaso.L

Vaso.L Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    South Holland,IL
    Thats exactly why mine died,replaced the motor it worked fine for a month then started stopping at 45 deg and then went crazy,replaced the motor again now wont move at all,im a try new switch tommorow hopefully it fixes it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.