Wiring for a linear amp..

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by ArkansasOutsider, Oct 17, 2014.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Look under the seat by the kick plate and see if there are any grommets you can run it thru to the batteries and save the hole drilling. Or you may can come thru the hole in the firewall where all the harnesses come thru. I ran some 8 gauge to a class c 4 pill just like that dx500 thru the firewall, both pos and neg back to the battery that had th frame ground. Low swr's, and low reflect on an otherwise plastic Volvo, and it talked all over the country. It never interfered with the ecm, dash gauges, or anything electronic, but it was a fairly clean amp. That Texas star should be fine.

stacks and jesus curiel Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jesus curiel

jesus curiel Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I'm definitely going to check it out se if I find anything by the kick plate or were the harness come through. It's getting into the battery box were the issue is at. I might have to drill a hole through the battery box. What ever I have to do I have to get that amplifier texas star hooked up.

4. troybw

troybw Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2018

5. troybw

troybw Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2018
    Always "over wire",what is after a 600? Is it really doing 600? It has to be in the "Band" for a TRUE 600. This is why all,or most get snowed on at exit XYZ off of.... BLAH BLAH Interstate. Be careful,as in very!!!! They LOVE....LOVE taking YOUR hard earned $$$$$$$. Have not a clue or care behind the smoked glass one way mirror. I want You to go to this site,and YES He not only was a driver,He instructed. This Dude knows His thing. Wand a radio set up.,CORRECTLY? Hardrive166 down by the Rio Grande in New Mexico. WWW.FINETUNECB and just look around on Youtube and DO NOT BE IN A HURRY!!!!! This Man could make a radio work on 20 watts,not 2,000 watts and it will floor all others. !!!! Not lying at all!!!! He knows how,and will. Propagation,keep it within frequency,many haven't a clue how to achieve this and WHAM.....I blew YOUR doors off !!!! Look Him up,Busy Dude!!!! Troy. P.S.=Wire with #2 A.W.G. right from the start. Fuse within 2 feet of main battery. Keep ground short,like the nearest seat bolt. All connections,soldered,no crimping. Do not forget that in-line fusing done in the engine bay within 2 feet of the connect to Your main battery,,,,FUSE it. Should have rubber grommets that make it weather proof!! Use only "ALL WEATHER TYES",normally black. Good luck as it is not hard,route all very carefully!!!! At #2,Growth is a cinch!! Troy, know,done it over and over from truck to truck,just remove it,it is Yours and,re-install,that is why YOU DO NOT MAKE IT BONE TIGHT,A BIT OF SLACK WITH 2 GA, WHO CARS?!!!!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Reason for edit: I know what I am saying.
  6. delta5

delta5 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Ummmm.... yeah.

shogun Thanks this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    He's not in Las Cruces anymore. He's in Lordsburg New Mexico.

stacks Thanks this.
  8. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    If you think a radio doing 20 watts will floor all others, bring it down here to Mississippi. I will be kind and start you out against a General Lee with a set of 1969s and no one will hear you.

9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Who Tuned the General Lee? What type of vehicle is the General Lee mounted in? What type of antenna system is connected to the General Lee?
    Who would be listening? What distance would they be listening from? What type of equipment would they be listening with?

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Mmm, another splatter box on the air. At least it's a "600" that does "600" instead of "800". :)

You know it's a dirty radio when you use it to place an order at Burger King.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  11. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Radioactive Radios, the guy people badmouth all the time, tuned it. We can put the 20 watt radio against it on equal setup vehicles, same coax, same antenna, same receiving station, and the 20 watt will not perform better, ever.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.