Wish me luck.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Chessguy, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    Your mistaken Truckin, you only team during the TNT phase of training, after that you are assigned your own truck and you are on your own.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Too many people say they don't want to work for prime for such and such a reason when the such and such doesn't even happen at prime. :)

FLATBED Thanks this.
  4. Truckin2Eat

Truckin2Eat Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Lol I think I posted in the wrong thread. Look back at my post I mention something about Crst it was a guy sayin he was signing on with crst. But buddy I couldve swore the recruiter at prime told me I would have to do the 28 days with a trainer and team for the year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Prime doesn't require you to run team after training.

6. Truckin2Eat

Truckin2Eat Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    How long is the training with prime 3 weeks and then 28 days with a trainer? How much will you owe them and how long is the contract?

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    PSD (instruction from permit to CDL) is 10,000 miles plus a week in orientation. Three to four weeks. You then get a trainer for another 30,000 miles- six to eight weeks. After that you upgrade to solo status, and get your own truck. No teaming after training required. Stay a year as a solo-qualified driver, and you owe nothing.

8. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    PSD is not 10,000 miles. It could be more, it could be much less. 10,000 miles is the credit given for PSD'ers toward the 40k mile requirement of hired trainees with no experience (outside school grads)

PSD phase is a minimum of 75 hours behind the wheel instruction, on the road, pulling real loads, with a permit and the instructor sitting in the passenger seat. Training dept reports the average is 125 student hours logged before testing. I'd plan for thre weeks on the road, and know that if you are out for 5, the instructor has to have a convincing argument why you haven't tested or they stop paying him the instructor wage. I've had a trainee who tested out after 11 days. (I was not the instructor, and he had military transportation experience)

PSD includes 4 days of orientation in Springfield (Tues-Fri) Which can be extended to more pas instruction until a instructor becomes availabele. The majority of students are assigned by the end of orientation on Friday afternoon.

9. Chessguy

Chessguy Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Missouri
    Ok, my recruiter says that I need to re-apply in October....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.