without risk, there's no reward.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by HAWAIIANTHRIVER, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Lease purchase has always been good to me. I've paid off a truck, but didn't put away money like I should have and before it became a money pit, I sold it. That was two years ago. I'm now ready with my mindset as well as my work ethic and have decided to change from one lease purchase to another. I intend to chronicle both my departure from my current company, to my arrival and running experience with the new company. The hope is to maybe give insight and help others make their decisions a little easier. While some say that lease purchase is a negative thing, for me, it's been a very positive experience. I've been involved with lease purchase since 2009. New to this so bare with me, but are we allowed to say the name of our company in these forums?

Colt seavers and KeithT1967 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
  4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Yes you are free to share the company ... Who was the first company and why did you decide to go with a different company this time? Also, why did you chose this company?

truckon Thanks this.
  5. John Christner trucking is the company that I'm currently with and A and A Express is the company that I'm going to. Why have I decided to leave?...several reasons, but if I'm being completely honest, it's the money. With the drop in fuel, the fuel surcharge drops, so if you really get used to being able to capitalize on the high surcharge, and then it goes away, it makes being able continue the way of living that you have become accustomed to. That and it doesn't feel like home anymore. Lots of changes in personnel in the office. It's just time to move forward in my career.

6. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    alright stupid question. why do you need to rely on the fuel surcharge? why cant you look at the run in miles and figure out what the run pays WITHOUT the FSC?

blairandgretchen and HorseShoe Thank this.
  7. The fuel surcharge is pay. Why wouldn't you? My current lease agreement pays $0.90 empty and loaded plus a surcharge. If you run for economy, you can do well. It take more work to run 55-62 mph than it does to run 75.

8. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    LP works for many if you have the right mindset and attitude. I completed 2 leases with CRE and purchased the second truck. JCT was a company I had thought of moving to at one time. Glad I didn't but that's not to say they are not a good starter company.

You are moving on, did you purchase your truck? Or do the min (or less) and decide to move on? I know a little about JCT from a few years ago but nothing about AandA. Not that I need to as I found a home for life I believe. But I am going to be interested in your experiance.

HAWAIIANTHRIVER Thanks this.
  9. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Company names yes you own name no not if your giving a company a bad rap as some executives do check this web site out, there is always a risk to starting any new business which basically is what a lease is its a business enterprise and your the soul shareholder 90 % of all new business fail so if you've succeeded your in the top 10% of successful entrepreneurs.

HAWAIIANTHRIVER Thanks this.
  10. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    All the Mega companies pay fuel surcharge off the national average. However that was established when trucks got worse fuel mileage then they do now. So it is common for people to make a lot of extra $ off fuel surcharge when fuel prices are higher. Not sure that is understandable, but it is what it is. All those (me included now) not working for a mega have a hard time understanding how that works but let me give an example.

One year ago I got .38¢ on the mile for FSC. If I was still there today I would get .09¢. Now fuel is about $1 a gal cheaper. But I get about 7+ miles a gal on my truck. So trying to keep this super simple. A year ago I got near $2.5 a gal from FSC. Now I would only get about .63¢. (I'm sure someone will break out a calculator with more exact figures). Anyway my company then didn't pay 100% FSC. So higher fuel cost made me more money. It's different now that I get 100%

11. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    ok makes sense. good infor

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.