Wondering about agility test

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by STORMYDAWN, Apr 28, 2012.

1. STORMYDAWN

STORMYDAWN Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I'm hoping to start Roehl after I finish getting my CDL training at a local school. Can anyone tell me exactly what the agility test will be?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crusty

Crusty <b>Just Plain Crusty</b>

May 29, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Instead of wondering. Go get a complete OTR physical yourself. Usually it will be a widely used clinic. It's Concentra around here. You should be able to get the whole thing; including the agility / lifting thing for under a hundred. Worth not blowing a chance at a desired employer.

4. TheTank

TheTank Heavy Load Member

Go to the GORoehl.com website. All of the agility tests are on the site under "Apply Now" Look for Flatbed pre-work screening or Van pre-work screening about half way down the page.

5. STORMYDAWN

Jul 10, 2009
    Thank you Tank. That was very helpful! It doesn't seem as bad as I was making it out to be.

6. dorset

dorset Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2009
    it's not all that difficult

[​IMG]

T-Lady, Cooper09 and STORMYDAWN Thank this.
  7. T-Lady

T-Lady Medium Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Wautoma, WI
    Flatbedders have to walk a balance beam and climb a ladder, from what I heard...I didn't get a chance to watch, I was the first one through in our group. Van isn't hard, if you've got a little upper body strength to lift out in front of your body, can squat while balancing and don't mind lifting and carrying a bag with what feels like bowling balls moving around in it over your head...

8. Roy Lee

Roy Lee Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Frankfort,Ohio
    just finished phase 1 in Appleton and the agility test isn't anything to worry about

9. STORMYDAWN

Jul 10, 2009
    Thank you for the responses. I start school a week from today and I am really excited/nervous. My husband has his CDL and he previously worked for Roehl. We are planning on going there as a team as soon as I am done with school. I'm thinking that I better start lifting some weights to help prepare me for the test. I've always had a desk job so this adventure is going to be WAY different. Luckily I was able to travel in the truck with the husband for 1 month, so I do have a pretty good idea what it's like to be out on the road.

10. STORMYDAWN

Jul 10, 2009
    Roy Lee, how did you like Appleton? How does the company determine which terminal you will be training at? I have been to all the terminals except Appleton because they weren't finished with it yet.

11. Roy Lee

Roy Lee Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Frankfort,Ohio
    I really like it the hotel was nice and the food was so good I gained weight , The instructors were good guys. I am here till Wednesday then my trainer picks me up

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.