Won't be going to Stevens...here's why

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by SHOJim, Apr 16, 2012.

1. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Hello all. I disclosed the fact that I took Zoloft because I felt it was the right thing to do. Some people may or may not agree with my decision, but, that's how I am. I was told that I had to have a note from my doc saying I was no longer on it and would not need it. Otherwise, Stevens would not employ me. It is what it is. I would rather be told no because I was honest than to lie. Plus, I am glad to know now rather than after I quit my job and went to Dallas and then get told no. I am of course bummed after being told that I was approved. I will keep you all informed as I search other companies. THANKS TO ALL who have helped me the past few weeks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Zoloft won't even show in a drug test. :( And the likelihood of it making you drowsy, is slim to none.

Many companies will hire you while taking Zoloft. Get the proper forms from your doctor. Than apply.

4. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    zoloft is an anti-depressant. what did your DOT physical say about it? and if you were cleared, then Stevens' isn't worth loosing any sleep over it....

5. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I've been on a low dosage of Z for some years. Never a problem.

6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    If anything getting a no from Stevens should be considered a blessing. And not a set back.

MNdriver and 123456 Thank this.
  7. VegasfanNJ

VegasfanNJ Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    I guess you shouldn't have bought the shirt ;) j/k

Good luck to you jmorgn.

8. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    For Sale: Stevens Transport 30th anniversary shirt. Slightly used. Highest bid wins :biggrin_25523:

9. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well, when I got my DOT physical last summer, the Doc that did it didn't bat an eye at the fact I took Zoloft. I got my DOT card without any issues. My current employer knows I take it and they let me drive a bus all over the place. I have other avenues to pursue. I will find another company that doesn't have an issue with my meds.

10. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    Took Zoloft or Take Zoloft. You said took, what is the problem with a doctor's note?

11. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Take Zoloft. I was told to check with my doc and see if I could pass DOT physical by person at Stevens today. Then, was told that had to be off Zoloft for 30 days and have doctor write note saying that I was off of it by different person at Stevens. I was then told point blank that I could not be on any anti-depressants. I have a CDL now in Ohio, class B. My doc knows this and never once said he didn't think I should drive commercially. I got my dot card here in Ohio last summer and that doc at Roadmaster didn't have a problem with issuing me the dot card knowing I was on Zoloft.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.