Woo-hoo!! Pre-hired with GTI

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by joshmck1982, Jan 22, 2009.

1. denajo

denajo Bobtail Member

May 26, 2009
    lufkin,tx
    Yes, you mighta got approved (prehired), but wait til you get in orintation, I have seen 30 people in , and only 10 get a job!!! But good luck!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. db75

db75 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2009
    champaign, il
    i worked there oct 05 to feb 06 in their midwest fleet. i left because i couldnt get home to save my life (we had freight that delivered 8 mi from the house). i live approx 1/4 mi from I74 in ill. miles were really good though. was alot of drop n hook too.

4. Windjammer2

Windjammer2 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Phoenix
    Was in Phoenix when the recruiter told me I was approved and had to get to the health office down the street in a hurry as they closed in 15 minutes (had to get a new DOT physical). Rushed down there, completed the application and passed the physical. Wife and I then drove with all my stuff to Fontana to meet the recruiter and to pick up a truck to get me up to Pacific so I could start orientation the following Tuesday. Got up there on Sunday and on Monday they gave me a couple of local runs. Thought it was good they gave me a load prior to orientation. Said a lot for my record, I guess.

Tuesday at 6:30 AM I started orientation. At 9 AM I had been terminated.

I was hauled out of the orientation class and was asked about a back surgery. I said it was on the DOT application. They said it wasn't. (this was a disc operation done back in 1988 - yes 21 years ago). I had put this on every application I had ever completed in the last 21 years - health insurance, life insurance, on my Swift application - but because of my rush that day in Phoenix, I simply forgot to check the "spine" box. I'm 57 years old. Sorry, a senoir moment.

In any event they said I falsified documents and I was done. No questions...got a 27 hour Greyhound bus ticket home. Asked them if they could put my truck stuff (palletized and wrapped) onto a load to get it close to me. They refused. I had to return to Pacific, a 2200 mile round trip to get my stuff. I asked them if it had been on the app would it have makde a difference in hiring me. They quickly said "no". It would not have prevented the employment.

They simply did not care. I told them I certainly could understand if i had "forgotten" a drug bust, felony or fatal accident. But a back operation 21 years ago??? Wordt part is it will be on the DAC as falsification of documents. Two other carriers have already refused to even interview. Ihad to bring it up as the one week employment with Gordon would show and they certainly would want an explanation of that.

Didn;t even get a "sorry" from the recruiter. Sorta like a "Swift thing". I wrote a very respectable email to the president asking for his assistance. Got a read recriept but never a response from that.

So here I am in the bad economy, 57 years old and can't drive. By the way, the record is immaculate. No tickets, no accidients, never late for p.u or delivery. I just "falsified documents" according to them.

How heartless can you get??!!

5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Joshmick1982 posted the first post 5 months ago . Go to his profile and read all his posts . He still hasn't gotten a job . That's typical of what happens with wannabes . You can do the same with any number of members that checked into the Welcome Wagon more than 6 months ago . Watch their posts all Woo Hoo about school and pre-hires . Then 3 or 4 months later they are asking about different companies then a little later it's boo hoo and they disappear . Some are decent enough to come back and admit they made a mistake going to truck driving school and they warn others not to make the same mistake .

6. joshmck1982

joshmck1982 Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Greensburg, IN
    RickG-What's with the attitude man? Seriously. Probably the reason most people on here are having trouble finding work is the same reason everyone around the country is having trouble finding work. It's the economy. Now I may not have started work with GTI yet, but I have a start date. They have a month long training program for new drivers and all of their Midwest Fleet trainers are out with students until the beginning of next month. So I will be starting with them on July 7th.

snakeskin Thanks this.
  7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    So that'll be 7 months after a prehire and there is no guarantee their trainer will pass you . But you make a good point about the economy affecting trucking . No offense meant . Just using your situation to show what is typical . Trying to find a job in trucking is risky and expensive . I hope things work out to make your investment worthwhile .

8. ChaseRoos

ChaseRoos Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Colona Il
    joshmack1982
    Are you going to Green Bay? I am currenly on with a great trainer. I should be back to Green Bay for a truck on June 24th. Are you going to be in the midwest region? Everything that I have heard from the drivers and the trainers they are very family orientated they will get you home for a family emergency. The trainer that I have is a non smoker so if you are a non smoker you have a 50 50 chance of getting him since there are only 2 from the midwest. His name is Scott an he has been great with me as far as working with me he doesn't yell at you for anything just do what he asks and you will do just fine. He told me several weeks ago they fired a driver trainer for yelling at a student. As far as saftey that is number 1 on there list or you will be fired. As far as log books do it legal or else you will be gone. They want you to be safe and legal. You are the captain of the ship.
    chaseroos

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.