Woodhaven evacuated

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Stuka, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Stuka

Stuka Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Well, I was trying to get into the the Pilot Detroiter on 75 south of Detroit, and they turned me around and said there was some kind of pipeline leak/storage tank issue with a storage facility next to the truck stop. As I was leaving I saw the Schneider Woodhaven OC (I didn't realize there was one there), and they evacuated it too. So, did anything blow up?

CargoWahgo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I was up there a month ago & they was doing construction in that Schneider yard. Could of hit something

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2014/06/23/news/doc53a865dac197d192145102.txt

CargoWahgo Thanks this.
  5. mickimause

mickimause Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Central Michigan
    Got a qualcomm message to the effect that Woodhaven and the Detroiter were closed due to a chemical spill. Message came through about 1322 Central time.

6. TruckerPatrick86

TruckerPatrick86 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Central Florida
    Same here.

7. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Shoot wish I was up there I would have been running around with a 5 gallon bucket dumping free fuel in my truck like a madman.

8. Stuka

Stuka Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    When I got there, I saw 1 cop car partially blocking the Detroiter entrance. When I say partially, I mean there was room for me to slip around him and enter the truck stop. I thought he was writing a ticket or something, so like an idiot, I went on in around him. I bet he was saying, "Stupid truck driver!". When I got to the fuel isle, an attendant was putting trash barrels in the way. He informed me that they were evacuating the Detroiter. I looked up and saw about 120 trucks in line to exit...and said, "ok", and pulled over to the side and took a 45 minute break waiting for the traffic to thin out. Eventually, I saw it was clear and left. There were more cops there then, directing traffic. I bet there were still trucks exiting I75 for the truck stop and getting the bad news. What a mess.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.