Work Flow, Work Slow

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by GypsyWillowDusk72, Apr 30, 2012.

1. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    I'm curious how others feel about this work flow nonsense. It seems that any editing of ETA's or NAT's the reasons fall on the driver's fault. They say that accurate ETA's will help keep a driver moving. I am part of a team and we sit 6 sometimes 12 hours between loads. How do they say that's keeping a driver moving?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driver7702003

driver7702003 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    FLORIDA
    Have you tryed to put youre eta about 1 hr ahead it works for me

4. driver7702003

driver7702003 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    FLORIDA
    Bans Hand-Held Cell Phone Use by Drivers of Buses and Large Trucks
    Today's Action is the Latest by the Department to End Distracted Driving

WASHINGTON - U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood today announced a final rule specifically prohibiting interstate truck and bus drivers from using hand-held cell phones while operating their vehicles. The joint rule from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) is the latest action by the U.S. Department of Transportation to end distracted driving.

"When drivers of large trucks, buses and hazardous materials take their eyes off the road for even a few seconds, the outcome can be deadly," said Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood. "I hope that this rule will save lives by helping commercial drivers stay laser-focused on safety at all times while behind the wheel."

The final rule prohibits commercial drivers from using a hand-held mobile telephone while operating a commercial truck or bus. Drivers who violate the restriction will face federal civil penalties of up to $2,750 for each offense and disqualification from operating a commercial motor vehicle for multiple offenses. Additionally, states will suspend a driver's commercial driver's license (CDL) after two or more serious traffic violations. Commercial truck and bus companies that allow their drivers to use hand-held cell phones while driving will face a maximum penalty of $11,000. Approximately four million commercial drivers would be affected by this final rule.
    "This final rule represents a giant leap for safety," said FMCSA Administrator Anne S. Ferro. "It's just too dangerous for drivers to use a hand-held cell phone while operating a commercial vehicle. Drivers must keep their eyes on the road, hands on the wheel and head in the game when operating on our roads. Lives are at stake."

While driver distraction studies have produced mixed results, FMCSA research shows that using a hand-held cell phone while driving requires a commercial driver to take several risky steps beyond what is required for using a hands-free mobile phone, including searching and reaching for the phone. Commercial drivers reaching for an object, such as a cell phone, are three times more likely to be involved in a crash or other safety-critical event. Dialing a hand-held cell phone makes it six times more likely that commercial drivers will be involved in a crash or other safety-critical event.

In September 2010, FMCSA issued a regulation banning text messaging while operating a commercial truck or bus and PHMSA followed with a companion regulation in February 2011, banning texting by intrastate hazardous materials drivers.

"Needless injuries and deaths happen when people are distracted behind the wheel," said PHMSA Administrator Cynthia Quarterman. "Our final rule would improve safety and reduce risks of hazmat in transportation."

Nearly 5474 people died and half a million were injured in crashes involving a distracted driver in 2009. Distraction-related fatalities represented 16 percent of overall traffic fatalities in 2009, according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) research.

Many of the largest truck and bus companies, such as UPS, Covenant Transport, Wal-Mart, Peter Pan and Greyhound already have company policies in place banning their drivers from using hand-held phones.

The final hand-held cell phone ban rule can be accessed here.
    To learn more about the U.S. Department of Transportation's efforts to stop distracted driving, please visit http://www.distraction.gov
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Ban on Hand Held Cellular Phones

5. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Just means you'll be on hold for an hour while parked, waiting for WF assistance.

I feel for you guys. Glad I got out when I did.

6. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    First violation for cell use while operating a CMV is 200 dollars. It goes up from there if u continue getting caught. I know I just got one.

7. onetime42

onetime42 Light Load Member

May 20, 2009
    Mobile, AL
    It's still perfectly legal though to put on make-up, talk and or text on your phone if you're driving a 4 wheeler though, right? Makes sense.

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    How many people got lost at the first turn ????

:biggrin_2554: :biggrin_1square5: :mbeard: :O_o_1PIRATES31:

9. oragonads

oragonads Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    ? :biggrin_2556:

10. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    I did, started out on one subject, then "BAM" were talkin about somthing else. ^_^

11. BlackLions

BlackLions Road Train Member

Yup... Works for me, hour or two before, so your actual depart time is the same as your actual appt. time...

It sucks to be doing that, but it keeps you moving.

Back on topic... *%#* hijackers ! Lol ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.