Work Flow, Work Slow

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by GypsyWillowDusk72, Apr 30, 2012.

1. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    I personally think it has less to do with workflow and more to do with moron trip planners that have no clue what they are doing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oragonads

oragonads Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    Yep, I agree. I havnt really had a problem with WF the last couple months. It seems to me most of the bugs have been worked out. Trip planers are what usually screw me up.

4. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Well, the thing that plays into workflow is on source, your DBL had more control over what loads you got. Now, the trip planners pretty much have complete control over what loads you get. Your DBL's hands are way more tied now from what I was told.

The trip planners don't give a crap what kind of miles you get. They just want to dump off loads onto drivers just to get it off their desk so it isn't their responsibility any more.

5. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    Yup, got sent 120 miles sunday for a load already shipped. Sat around the rest of the day, no load, then monday dbl/planners had no idea I was 2hrs from where I had been on saturday.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Well, you could be like me. Getting any future bonus shot in the ### every possible chance.

I was 10% OOR before I picked my load up on 400 mile trip. With no possible way to recover. Coming off TAH, with truck parked at OC.

7. BlackLions

BlackLions Road Train Member

Yesterday I got a load to pickup, I get there and they shippers is looking at me and my pickup number and asks me what company I'm with... Uh well, you sure you got the right pick up? I told him yes... Well, Swift is getting loaded right now, and that's the same pickup... LOL Ohhh ok. Planner put in the wrong number and dbl just pushed it thru to me... Wasted about and hour and a half when I could have been loaded already...

8. oragonads

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    I had that happen once except the load I was supposed picked up had already left. Ended up getting a different load from the same place about half an hour later. I didn't mind though, the first one went to San Francisco.

9. BlackLions

Yeah, if it gets resolved quick its cool...

BTW, I ended up in Fontana/LA area...:biggrin_25510:

10. oragonads

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    Hopefully I won't be heading over there tomorrow after I deliver this load in Vegas..... probably will though. :biggrin_25510:

11. BlackLions

Been here since 3pm, hopefully I can get out in the a.m. without hitting any traffic... :biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.