Workflow, issues and fixes and other helpful hints

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Mar 20, 2012.

1. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Most of the time they have no idea what empty are available

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Work on your eta accuracy get it above 70% and your loads b 40mile longer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

4. MetalForce

MetalForce Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Miami,Fl.
    Excellent!!!!!

5. video7105

video7105 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2011
    PA

the "This trailer is more than 30 miles" message is a bug in the system. disregard it and take the trailer... it takes about 30-45 mins sometimes for Workflow to accept the trailer you have entered. dont wait for response, take trailer and go on.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    RoadToad69 Thanks this.
  6. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    So they have you guys wasting precious hours reporting mty trailers? I mean 5 or 10 mins is nothing once in 70 but what about 6 in 70? A lost hour, And I'm assuming you can't take it until it's reported that you have it?

And I assume there's some sort of tatle tale hooked to the electric line ?

Wow, looks like somebody has control issues......

JMO

7. video7105

video7105 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2011
    PA
    Once the trailer is on your truck, you have Pre-Trip it and sent it in via Workflow, go..... "This trailer is more than 30 miles" is a known bug in Workflow. Workflow is seeing what you sent it, just take the trailer and don't wait for Workflow to tell you it acknowledges your choice of trailer. It will eventually sent you the message you are sitting around for.

8. RoadToad69

RoadToad69 Mistress of Mayhem

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    HAHA!! I got this message on a trailer that was right across the street at the WallyWorld distribution center. Dispatch said they were trying to find me a trailer so I just waltzed my bee-hind across the street and into the DC like I knew exactly what I was doing. Went inside, asked for an empty. They gave me a list. I hooked up to one, sent in the trailer number under the exception and waltzed back out. 10 miles down the road it sends me the message that I can't use the trailer I'm hooked to because it's over 30 miles away. I freehanded a message that that was the trailer I had, that it was NOT 30 miles away....and then left them to figure it out and fix it.

RT

9. RoadToad69

RoadToad69 Mistress of Mayhem

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    No. If your empty list is...well....empty.....you just find an empty, hit exception, enter the number of the empty you are taking, hook and go. It's all part and parcel of the trailer tracking system. Every company is going to want to know what empty trailer you take out so that they can keep track of it.
    The "exception" function has spaces for, if I recall right (I've been off on workers comp since April...broke my wrist), three trailers to be entered. Most drivers only enter one trailer...the one they really want to take. Majority of the time there is no problem. Rarely you will get a message that you can't take the trailer (been pre-assigned to an incoming driver, needs repair, etc.).

So, no, we're not sitting around burning time reporting empty trailers. At least I wasn't...

RT

10. pbrstreetgang

pbrstreetgang Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2007
    California
    Looks like you guys are mostly talking about schneider...I don't know how many different companies use workflow, but i have a question about schneider and workflow. (I am switching to workflow soon.) I heard that with workflow, "schneider directions" (driver-generated directions, as opposed to computer-generated directions) are no longer an option. In other words all directions are computer-generated. I'm wondering if this is true.... I have found that the driver-generated directions have very useful information that computer directions do not have. For example, driver-generated directions have info about overnight parking, and other specific info about what to do and which door to go to when you get to the shipper/receiver (helpful if the facility is huge), certain nearby roads to avoid, etc.

11. video7105

video7105 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2011
    PA
    SNI directions are gone in work flow.

pbrstreetgang Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.