Working for Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Dr. Venture, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    I would say about half of my loads are drop & hook.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver402

truckdriver402 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Orwell, OH

Not bad at all. What is their pet and rider policy? Where are the major running lanes?

Thanks!

4. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    D&H's depend of the division. I rarely do it on flats. Oh, and no pets in company trucks and rider has to be your spouse or child (step-child if you're the legal guardian) over ten years old. I think experienced drivers have to wait a month, trainees are six months, both with no accidents, tickets, or being on a performance improvement plan.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
    truckdriver402 Thanks this.
  5. Oldguynewjob

Oldguynewjob Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Il.
    Il newbie Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I don't have a computer in the truck so I am on an 11 day cycle.

Most days I like working for Roehl just fine, but there are days when you wonder what they are thinking. Thats probably true for most large companies.

I am on the national fleet out 11 days home 3 days with hometime being pretty regular depending on the freight. Some drivers stay out a month or more and get more days at home when they return.

I bring my truck home which also means you need a place to park it.

I went through Roehls driver training so I had an abbreviated orientation since we covered many company policies in training. I think regular orientation is 3 days.

Your out with a trainer 10-14 days for two sessions called Evolution I and II then sent out in your own truck for 6-8 weeks (with breaks for hometime) for Evo III. You will have at least two trainers and could be pulling van reefers flats or curtain side.

If you choose flats or curtain side you will also need to attend a load securement class for 3 days at the Gary In. terminal.

Don't count out the home time fleets where you slip seat and have more home time. I spent my first 6 months on the 7/4 7/3 fleet and had a good group of drivers that I shared trucks with.

Good luck with your school, try to get in all the backing they will give you as that is the most difficult part of the job.

6. grc56_tn

grc56_tn Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    ...I just started Evo I today ..... trainer is pretty cool so far ...... I'm in national van fleet but I'm on a flat for Evo I training ...... we're on aload from Marshfield to Dallas and I drove aprox 6 hrs today ..... we dropped an empty flat and picked up one already loaded (relay load) ...... trainer let me park the empty, drop it, and get the loaded one ...... so far so good ....

7. lynryd

lynryd Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Thanks for posting your experiences!

BTW, what does Roehl pay you while youre in Evo I & II ?

Thanks!

8. grc56_tn

grc56_tn Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    It's on Roehl's web site .... Evo I pays $60 a day and Evo II is $65 a day

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.