Working for Wal-Mart: A Review

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Rookietrucker89, Feb 24, 2022.

1. DanWThePlan

DanWThePlan Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2022
    I have been with Walmart 3.5 years and i honestly love it. If you wanna talk about Walmart and what you can do here and answers to any questions you have. I’ll do my best to let you know what i know. I am not looking to get spammed or i would give you my email or phone number on here right now. Good Luck Driver!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. steven7994

steven7994 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Which DC do you run out of?

4. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Completely false? Probably not. Does WM attempt to get your phone records for every minor incident or accident? Not that I'm aware of. Is WM going to attempt to access your phone records should a driver seriously injure or kill someone, or total a truck? Probably. Remember, WM has recently relaxed their rules, and most drivers are free to yak on the phone as long as they like as long as it's hands free. There are a few exceptions...but yea WM lets drivers wear their big boy britches when it comes to phones now.

This is a valid concern, but from where I'm out of and the DC's I see, It's a totally unwarranted one. At my DC, a driver is required to totally clean out their truck at the end of their week. This includes wiping down everything, disinfecting, and vacuuming. After doing that, they fill out a check sheet stating they did all that, then a manager verifies the truck is clean. If no manager is available (like after hours), then the departing driver still fills out the check sheet and turns it in. The next day when that truck goes to a new driver, it's again inspected and verified that it's clean before the new driver operates it. I've seen these slip seat trucks...and at least at my DC, every one of them is cleaner than my assigned truck. And I'm a silly clean freak. As far as the mattress, you ever stay in a hotel? You think no one has ever slept in that bed before? Yes slip seating trucks presents that small risk that something might be off or not cleaned properly, but we have spray that's used by each departing driver to kill germs and bugs and yuckiness. Also, every driver is issued their own mattress cover should you feel the need to use it.

And finally, WM is seriously the least micromanaged company I've ever worked for. I can literally go a whole week, and not speak to any member of management. I come to work on my out day, accept my load assignment, and off I go. WM gives me a load to deliver or backhaul to retrieve, a giant pickup or delivery window, and then lets me get the job done. As long I get the dispatch completed, they don't care how I do it. As long as it's done safely. I can take any (reasonably) scenic route I want, start my day when I like, make it a shorter day if I'm not feeling it..whatever. Just get freight moved and don't run into things. That's it. There are obviously a few things that'll draw the ire of the suits...camera events involving something I did (the bane of my existence is following too close) to name one. But yea, this cannot be overstated at least from my seat...WM doesn't hold my hand or tell me how to do things. Literally...here is a load...get it delivered. That's from my point of view, and my neck of the woods.

5. steven7994

Feb 11, 2013
    Which DC are you out of?

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  6. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    McClellan Park (CA) 6889.

7. T.Rucker

T.Rucker Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    @Treputt answered your questions so I’ll just add about the phone. WM does not have access to your phone records. If there is an incident they have to request that you provide your phones records. They cannot pull up your phone records on their own. They have no access.

However, if you refuse to give them the phone record for the specific day (yes, not all of your phone records just the day the incident occurred), they will not give you a dispatch. Makes sense…it’s their equipment you’re driving. If you get in a wreck and refuse to give them your phone record to prove you weren’t on your phone then they don’t have to let you drive their equipment.

Hope this helps clarify false rumors about WM and their phone policy.

8. DanWThePlan

Mar 8, 2022
    Saint James Mo. What state you in?

9. steven7994

Feb 11, 2013
    Georgia

10. DanWThePlan

Mar 8, 2022
    Are you interested in applying to walmart? You should check Lagrange. Can you inbox me your number so we can talk about it?

11. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Does your seniority carry over if you move to another states dc?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.