Workplace injury

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by truckerc2020, Jul 8, 2020.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Sounds to me like you want to try to get workmens comp. Get back to work.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You a doctor? Have you seen his X-rays?

4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Consult your doctor, have your Doc put you on off duty not light duty then your boss has no say in it. Dont be afraid to consult an attorney, to find out exactly what your rights are they differs from state to state, If a good attorney in Iowa and in CA dont know about other states.
    I would hazard to say maintaining 3 points of contact maybe darn near impossible with a broken wrist, anything that causes discomfort or pain is out.

5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Who asked you?

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Little touchy there aren't you? Telling someone to go back to work when you don't have all the facts is really not very smart. And in case you don't understand the premise of a forum, when you post anything here it's open for questions, etc. You having a bad day?

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    actually, there is a very small window to obtain a lawyer. this is what i was told when i got hurt. i think here in my state that window was 7 days? could be a bit less, or a bit more. the sooner one obtains a w/c attorney, the company cannot talk to you, they have to talk thru the attorney.

i went back to work after i was cleared, got a new DOT as that was what the company wanted, and all was ok.

but some companies will threaten you with a job loss, if you do not return. i should point out too, that you can still be fired while out on comp.

had THAT happen to one of my sis-in-laws.

8. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Whatever you say rookie!

9. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    Some of the older Male participants on this forum are like the angry old man yelling get off my lawn. They are relics of days gone by. When men suffered for years and died in droves of stupid and preventable conditions and excessive displays of machismo. Fast forward to the world you and I know, and if you prefer not to suffer pain and reduced functioning from short sighted and ego driven decisions, you might want to take suggestions from actual doctors and lawyers....

10. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    As somebody who's been there with 3 different broken bones, well 4 technically, a bone screwed and bolted back together should be good to go after 8 weeks. So long as there is no other complicating factors, such as a bone splintered and missing about 1/4 inch of what should be there.

11. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    But, lucky they paved the way for you 'middle age' drivers, lol

buddyd157 and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.