Workplace injury

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by truckerc2020, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    I met a delightful Canadian driver who does OSOW who first told me about CRPs complex regional pain syndrome. From injuries decades old.
    The more we learn about medicine and biology the more connections doctors are making between injury, healing, and outcomes. It's not really rocket science but it's also not how we were taught in the 50s 60s and 70.
    Remember some of us had parents or grandparents who lived BEFORE antibiotics. Medicine is changing. Some ideas need an upgrade. Its tragic to think even 1 person living with chronic avoidable pain....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    It's really amazing. I never broke anything, but I am a big guy. The only thing that ever happened is a scrum collapsed on top of me and my ear was pinned next to my shoulder. I heard 6 quick pops. It's miserable to hear your own body tearing. Torn AC. Two back surgeries from early on, but goes with the territory. I had a blast.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I've never screwed up any tendons or ligaments really, just snapped bones. From what I know tendons and such take longer to heal and vary greatly from one person to the next.

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Took me 6 months to get over the tear in my shoulder. It's not fun. How long does it take a break to heal if you are middle aged?

6. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    From the few middle aged people I know who broke bones about the same, unless they've got osteoporosis or something else abnormal, and that's not screwed back together bones just time and hold it still. Anymore if you break a bone and have to be screwed back together you don't even get a regular cast after the first two weeks or so, they make a plastic splint type of thing that you can take off when you shower, keeps the smell down considerably.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.