Worst burger ever?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by Oldironfan, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Im.going to say Dennys is the worst.
    At there burgers a hand full of times and it has a funny texture when chewed I think, but after my gut hurts real bad.
    Even a sack of McDonald's Mcdoubles don't give me such a bad feeling in my gut. Sometimes I wonder if Dennys has ground up leather in their burgers. They taste good but that is all. No more will I eat burgers there.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Could it be something on the burger they use that normally you don't? Is it every Denny's burger, or just certain ones you pass on a regular basis?

To the question at hand....worse burger...that's a tough one. I'll have to think on it, an get back to this thread. Right now I want to say the Mcdouble the wife got the other night. Top bun was hard as a rock, burgers were cold, feh. On the bright side, after emailing the District Manager an relaying the crap service/food, it got me 4 free value meal coupons. LOL.

Hrrm...ok, thought on it a little..worse burger...would have to be the deer burger I had once. I don't mind deer, when it's cooked right. This didn't qualify. It sucked. BLEH! Just thinking about it makes me want to go wash the taste out of my mouth. Horrible horrible burger...now to remember where I got it.

Sirscrapsntrucksalot - Everyone needs to find their own shape they relate to. Sadly it seems for most folks the shape they resemble most is round.

4. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    My Dennys burger has always been a regular works burger. Onion, pickle, lettuce. Tomato, mustard, ketchup, mayo,cheese, bacon once.

5. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    My wife thinks Denny's burgers are the ####. I don't think they are that great.
    Many people think white castle's suck. I think they are great. I think McDonalds blows. The McDonalds cheeseburger used to be the perfect burger. Just the perfect balance. But then they quit making them fresh, now they aren't very good. And IMO anyone who has started putting the condiments on the bottom makes a bad burger. That goes for subs too.
    Now, Im thinking Five Guys make the BEST burgers.

6. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I like almost any burger. But Dennys is just wrong.
    5 guys is great but $$$
    Steak & shake is great $
    Wendy's T rex, 9, 1/4 patties is darn good. $$$$
    McDonald's 1/4 patties are never frozen lime Wendy's now and delicious $$
    Culvers is real good $$$
    In & out is real delicious $
    Hardees is ok $$
    Bk is owned by Tim Horton now a Canadian company but ok$$
    White castle and crystal are real good $$.
    A place in Benton Arkansas is awesome like 5 guys but better. I forget name$$$.

7. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    That reminds me a few years back when i was visiting the mother country (England) and this meat processing plant got caught selling horse meat, perhaps that's whats ended up in "Denny's Burgers"

8. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I would love to try a horsemeat burger? Not sure that I have.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  9. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Did you complain to management?

The meat could've not been stored and refrigerated properly and was spoiled already.

I never really had a burger that made me sick, but with so much chemicals and preservatives they put in food these days it's almost a requirement to have an iron stomach.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  10. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    You might have and never knew.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  11. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Did not taste bad at Dennys just made me feel bad. Maybe it was a super fatty mix of beef like 70/30 I don't know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.