Worst company you ever worked for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Upinsmoke, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Blue Zombie Trucker

Blue Zombie Trucker Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Mine was more of a "this close!!!". Redgo/DoneRight, Hamilton, MT. Close call, but I saw the light just in time.

vanishing point Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Don’t forget the metal detectors you had to pass through to speak to the recruiters & Human Resources!

vanishing point Thanks this.
  4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    TFS....worked there for a week. Small company don't even think they're in business anymore. Said it was a home daily position out of Binghamton NY.......i was home 1x throughout the week.

5. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I think there are probably a lot of places worse than Swift. I would quickly nominate SRT, and I was only there a week.

6. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I don't miss Josh

I don't miss dispatch losing their temper for any reason or no reason and yelling a bunch of profanities.

I don't miss being told I can't run on recap hours

I don't miss not being allowed to split my sleeper break.

I don't miss all the other heavy-handed micro managing. (Were you there when the big "No Chrome Shop Radios" sign was up?)

I'm sure I've forgotten a bunch of stuff, Lord knows I've tried to forget I ever heard of the place.

vanishing point, Lisa9 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  7. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I wasn’t there for the chrome radio sign. But honestly I liked josh. He never did me wrong. He had me running spi loads one week all in Cali, and added a few hundred to my check because he knew it didn’t pay much but he needed it ran.
    As for logs, I reset every weekend anyways. Split sleeper wasn’t a thing for me then anyways, for the fact that I never ran a true 10 hour break. It was always a 3-6 hour nap, then grab a fresh loose leaf page and let’s go. I didn’t talk to them much, or be in the yard longer than to grab fuel and get a new load. I will say that I saw their new craigslist ad in the Redding craigslist yesterday, and the pay looks to be the same as when I was there in 2014-15. So that is disappointing.

vanishing point and Lisa9 Thank this.
  8. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    Be very grateful for what you have.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  9. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    What they do to you?

vanishing point and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I saw a first today. A lowrie curtain being pulled by the old style lowrie colors truck, but it was a stand up sleeper

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.